Ch. 21 - A MEANS TO AN END

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

Chapter Twenty-One💀 A Means To An End 💀

Chapter Twenty-One
💀 A Means To An End 💀

Ava stood in front of the windows of the WICKED building, watching the chaos outside continue. The sound of footsteps made her look over to see Thomas stop, pointing his gun at her, his hand shaking.

"Is it true?" He asked in a weak voice, "Newt. Could I have saved him?" Thomas asked as Joan ran in, slowing to a stop when she saw them. "You can save us all." Ava said as Joan slowly walked up to Thomas. He sucked in a shaky deep breath when she gently grabbed his arm before lowering it as he dropped the gun.

"It's okay." Joan said in a slight whisper when he looked at her with tears down his face. Joan took a deep breath, wiping away a tear that fell down her face before looking over at Ava. "Just leave the others alone... No more testing, no more killing innocent kids unless they willingly volunteer for it." Joan said and Ava nodded.

"I promise. I will-" She started to say before getting cut off by a gunshot. Joan and Thomas's eyes widened slightly as they watched blood leak down Ava's shirt before she slowly fell to the ground. They looked up to find Janson slowly walking towards them with a gun raised.

Joan moved to stand in front of Thomas, making him grab her arms as Janson walked up to them, his gun aimed at Joan's head. All of the sudden Janson shit forward, sticking something into Joan's neck making Thomas look at her with wide eyes.

Joan stumbled back slightly as she pulled whatever it was out of her neck, looking at Janson before her eyes started to close. She started to fall to the ground, making Thomas quickly grab her, "Joan?" He asked worriedly before Janson did the same thing to him. Thomas slowly fell to the ground next to Joan as Janson stepped over Ava's body, still pointing the gun at them.

Thomas weakly tried to grab his gun, making Janson kick it away. "Oh, kids... You should have run." Janson said before Thomas passed out.

💀

Thomas slowly woke up before glancing over to see Teresa standing next to him. He looked down to find Teresa was taking some of his blood. "Joan..." Thomas mumbled slightly as he glanced around before finding Joan, strapped down in a chair next to him, already away as she looked over at him.