Part 3

It was Saturday, and Douxie was... actually nervous, for once.

He hadn't been out with anybody new in a while. It felt strange.

By some miracle, no one needed any last-minute "help needed" messages, and he'd managed to ACTUALLY make it to the outside of the arcade and theatre before Irene did.

She arrived a few minutes later, looking flawless and making him even more nervous.

Irene was wearing a black&white plaid skirt with a lavender sweater and overalls that only made her bright eyes seem even more ethereal, especially when she smiled as she spotted him. She ran up to him, elegant hands fastening onto a match black handbag with an attached long handle.

"Hey! Kinda didn't know if I'd actually see you here, haha~"

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this," Douxie said, feigning offense.

Irene laughed, "I just thought it was too good to be true."

Douxie beamed and offered her his arm. "Honestly, I was just surprised you said yes."

Irene mentally squeaked, hoping to all goodness that it didn't show too much as she carefully put her hand around his arm. How was this going so well???

They went to a movie, and then Douxie took her to lunch.

"Okay... Two truths and a lie..." Irene muttered, "You first?"

"Sure. Let's see... I have a cat named Archie, I once accidentally dyed my entire head of hair green, and my favorite flowers are lilies."

Irene's eyes widen a little, "I'd... Uh... The second one?"

Douxie laughed a little. "Correct, milady."

Irene smiled, "Knew it! I wasn't sure about the flowers though, to be fair."

"And the cat?"

"You... Seem like a cat person," Irene shrugged casually, "I'm pretty good at getting to know people like that."

"Mm." Douxie nodded a bit. "Lilies are relaxing to look at, for me. Don't know why."

"I just thought it was because they're tall and beautiful," Irene smiled, tilting her head a little at him admiringly, "Easy to relate to, isn't it?"

Douxie flushed a little. "Must be, for you."

Irene giggled a bit, "Sorry if that was a little fast... I just haven't been around someone like you in a long time."

"That's a good thing, right?" Douxie laughed lowly.

"Oh, yes-- yes, heh," Irene muttered, looking down with a grin, "Well, I'm glad to know you like lilies, then..."

"Your turn?" Douxie smiled.

"Right," Irene said, holding three fingers up as she thought.

"Okay, ummm. I've grown my hair down to my knees, my sister is from a different planet, and I killed a king once."

"... please tell me it's the third one," Douxie said after a moment.

Irene winked, "Have you read any Sherlock?"

"... Irene, PLEASE tell me you haven't committed regicide."

Irene burst out laughing, "Of course not, how could that even happen?"

Douxie laughed as well, relieved.

"You actually seemed worried there-"

"Do you think I could actually kill a king and get away with it?" Irene laughed, "Are king's even a thing anymore-?"