Part 20

Alma woke up the next morning to discover all of the commotion.

Knowing it definitely wasn't her fault, she decided to find Irene and ask what was going on.

"May I ask what happened?" Amaltheia tapped Irene on the shoulder from behind.

"Someone broke into Krel's house last night- we're trying to figure out who," Irene said lowly.

Amaltheia also noted that the strange punk boi, though seeming much happier for some reason, was there with the other two Akirirdions.

"Anything else?"

"He got shot by some sort of laser?" Irene said sympathetically, "Mama healed it, but I heard it wasn't good."

"Third and fourth degree burns," Cara said, rubbing Krel's arm (he was still pretty worn out and was resting on her shoulder again).

Amaltheia nodded, then looked at the punk boy. "What about him and you?" She asked Irene. "He seems better than he has in a while."

For a fact, Irene seemed a lot better herself. She didn't look as sleep-deprived, for one, and really seemed to shift her mood as well. Especially when she smiled, and it seemed like a genuine smile, "Well, guess he just really likes rain or something- I told you about the curse, right?"

"They snogged," Cara piped up again.

"Good for you, and no I don't think you did," Amaltheia said.

Irene flushed, her shoulders going up a bit in her laugh, "Y-yeah, yeah... That... Was um... Yeah," she stammered as Douxie came over in her direction.

He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and nuzzled gently into her hair.

Irene hummed happily, turning her face a little as she caressed the side of his neck right behind his ear with a hand.

"So... Was there anything Krel remembered about the attacker?" She asked Douxie quietly after a moment.

"From the mask and the magic, it's the jerk who cursed us," Douxie murmured.

"Why would he attack Krel-?" Irene mumbled putting her arms over his, which had tightened a bit at the mentioning of Mordred. "He didn't take anything, is he just trying to taunt you-? Or was he looking for something specific?" Irene tried guessing.

"Probably something specific," Cara said, trying to ignore Krel snuggling closer to her, "but I can't imagine what he'd want. Obviously, Krel has the most advanced tech in town, probably on the planet-" this earned her a squeeze from him "- but what would he need it for?"

"And you said this wizard cursed you. Why?" Alma asked

"It was literally just to try and ruin Douxie," Irene said dryly, "Everything he's done recently is to try and make him miserable... Whatever he wants the tech for, it can't be anything good."

"Well, he's not doing a very good job of making Douxie miserable, now is he?" Cara said, amused, as Douxie placed a very soft little kiss on the upper edge of Irene's ear.

"Well..." Alma thought. "If you want help with getting revenge on this wizard, you have yet to ask me anything as my summoner."

"Can we do that to him? Legally?" Krel piped up.

"Krel, he did break into your house, I don't think how legal things are is within his worry anymore," Irene muttered.

"Not for long, anyway..." Irene snickered, "It's a little pathetic, innit?" She murmured as she leaned into Douxie a bit, "He's... Done worse before... But- now we all know, and we can deal with this before he even knows."