Part 4

He was busy working on a different project with each pair of hands when Lucy came in and began quietly cleaning a table by the door.

"Oh, what's this? Aja must have left it here during her last visit. Silly goose," she piped up.

Krel turned curiously, saw what she was holding, and stiffened.

"That's m- that's MINE-" Krel said, stuttering a bit as he realized what was happening exactly.

Without thinking, he dropped his projects, darted over to Lucy, and snatched the bracelet from her hand.

"Oh my-" Lucy said, retracting her hands back, both the blanks seeming a bit confused.

"... sorry," Krel muttered. "Cara gave this to me."

He slipped it on his (upper) right wrist and went to pick up his fallen bits of tech.

The blanks frowned a bit before helping him clean it up, "Have you seen her at school?" Lucy asked randomly.

"No," Krel said, voice still low. "Her other friends said she's been sick."

"Maybe you could get her a get-well card?"

"Or a gift bag!" The other commented.

"... but I'm not allowed to see her," Krel pointed out.

"She's been gone for weeks. I'm starting to think she doesn't want to see me," he added.

"She's not allowed to see you either, maybe she hasn't had a chance."

"Hey, she's got a sister right? You should meet up with her, she can give Cara a gift for ya," Ricky pointed out.

"That's true," Krel shrugged, "I've seen her around the main town more often recently, so it should be easy, right?"

"Right!" The blanks encouraged him.

Krel set his projects aside (the pile was getting smaller, it was almost encouraging) and pulled out his phone to text Irene.

'Hey. Are you free? I want to get Cara something, Jessi told me she's been sick.'

'Yeah, she's got a cough, what are you getting her? :0'

'That build-a-bear axolotl she's been eyeing... she likes big, thick blankets, right?'

'Yep. You definitely know her. Lol. She'll love that ^^'

'Good. Can I drop it by later? Just leave it on the doorstep?'

'Sure! Just text me when you show up so I can get the door.'

'Yes ma'am."