Part 7

"Bro, can we just hurry up? You said we could get this over with before lunch..."

"Yeah, yeah, hush up, I'm trying to figure out how to pronounce this..." A second young teen muttered to the first.

"What language is it in?"

"I don't know, not English," the girl of the group chuckled as she read over the second boy's shoulder.

Another came over. "Oh! It's Greek." They pointed to two symbols. "These are Alpha and Omega. Letters from the Greek alphabet."

"Dude," the first boy flipped the paper over as he joined the other two, "There's an English alphabet later. Just read that."

"Ayyy... Aiii... Aeee... Ey?" The boy muttered.

The girl rolled her eyes a took the paper to read, "Éla ston kósmo mas... Amaltheia."

There was a moment of silence.

"... that's it?"

Creepy giggling could be heard coming from around them.

"What can I do you, mortals?" A 16-year-old girl appeared in front of them, a crazed smile on her face

"Hey, girl, what are you doing out here?" The boy with the paper said, each other them flinching a little when she spoke up.

"Did you not summon me?" The girl titled her head in confusion

"MOTH OF CTHULU'S SKULL-- WhAT IS THIS!?" A second new voice called out from the direction back to the trail of the woods.

"I'm wondering the same thing..." One of the teens muttered, "I wanna go home."

The girl looked at all of them, crossed her arms, and pouted angrily. "You're telling me you mortals pulled out my summoning ritual and performed it without knowing who I am?"

"Stop pranking us, bro, it's not even that funny," one of the kids said as a stumbling black-haired girl came into closer view, accompanied by a slightly amused slightly concerned punk boi.

"This is not a prank." The girl's entire attitude changed. Her red eyes glowed, and she floated off the ground. "I am Amaltheia. Goddess of the red moon, nightmares, fear, and revenge. I suggest you show me more respect if you want to continue life with no serious trauma."

Just yards away from the kids and goddess, Irene had nudged Douxie before flopping onto her knees with a small bow.

The goddess looked at the girl and smirked a little. "At least one mortal still knows how to show respect."

"Yes, ma'am, it takes a boomer to remember the likes of you, please... Hrmmph, it smells like bark--" Irene mumbled, leaning against Douxie a but before rising to her feet, "Kids, you uh... Where'd you get that paper from?"

"The library-- you can take it," the girl said, basically forcing it into Irene's hands before running off, the other two close after.

Irene gasped, "Dude-- they TORE this out of a book."

"Irene, could you please explain the raging goddess with glowing eyes in front of me?" Douxie said quietly.

Irene looked back up at the hovering girl, "Oh, well I'm Irene, and that's Amaltheia, people don't know her all that much, and she's got a pretty bad rep."

Amaltheia giggled. "It may be a bad reputation, but I had fun. It's been a while since Uncle Zeus let me off Olympus. The ritual is the only way I can come to Earth if he doesn't let me."

"Yes, You Greatness... But uh...How doth we sendeth thee backeth?"

"There is no need for that type of language mortal." Amaltheia rolled her eyes. "And once I've been summoned, there's no way to send me back until I fulfill whatever the summoner has asked of me."