Part 14

The two sorcerers had eventually found a place to sit... More specifically, a random concrete high wall that was far enough away that they could talk about what had been going on without much worry of people listening in.

"Please tell me what's been going on- your whole side of it," Douxie said quietly. "I need to know to handle all this right."

Irene straightened out a bit from where she sat, holding onto a part of his jacket as she thought.

"I don't know if it will make any sense," Irene shrugged, "I don't want it to... Ruin things anymore that it already has."

She'd already tried to explain everything that had happened recently, but leaving everything about the spell and, oh yeah, Douxie's memories of her, seemed to be beating around the bush at that point.

She took a deep breath. "Remember when I mentioned I'd been to Camelot?"

Douxie nodded.

"Well, I... we... we did know each other," Irene said. "And then Arthur found out my mom and I are Sirens, and we had to get out fast, and I never... I disappeared on you. And I know you don't remember- I'll explain that..."

"You wouldn't have had a chance to erase my memories if you up and moved like that," Douxie noted. "... so who did?"

"I don't know, but... that's where the deadline comes in that Mordred heard Ian and Amy and I talking about," Irene said. "I figured out which spell whoever-it-was used to take your memories of me."

"And... there's a deadline to restore them," Douxie concluded.

"Ian is an empath," Irene said. "I thought his ability to tap into people's heads and feelings would come in handy- there's nothing romantic between me and him."

"There's another sort of twist to the spell... It's a 13-month timeframe from the time the spell is first cast and the deadline," Irene muttered,"... Aaannd, both people involved have to sort of go through the whole 'forgetting their memories' process..." Irene shrugged and lifted her eyebrows a little,"... And Ian doesn't know the exact time, but he suspects the last day is the 30th."

"What do we have to do before the deadline?" Douxie asked.

"U-uh... Heh," Irene laughed, "Disney's really going try to steal this one again- a ' kiss of true love'... Yeah..."

"... that doesn't sound hard," Douxie noted calmly, charm game casually going 0 to 1000.

Irene's eyes widen a little with a bit of a smile and a scoff.

She lean her hand against the concrete wall to her side to lean back and look at Douxie from a bit more of a distance, "So you're not too confused about any of this, you TRUST to believe me, and you're not just looking for excuses to kiss a Lady?"

"... I mean, kissing a Lady sounds like a nice perk- but no. I believe you."

Irene glowed a little, "You sure?" She stalled.

Douxie stepped closer and turned her chin up towards him with his finger. "Positive," he said quietly.

The way her eye's color worked so perfectly with the slow showing blush forming on her cheeks was almost enough for Douxie to completely give in... until a small shift in his step and a tiny, "Uh--" from Irene got his attention again.

"Hizzy boy, we're on a 10 ft wall, I don't wanna die," Irene chuckled, "...yet."

"Then should we climb down?"

"Probably," Irene cracked up, trying to keep her balance.

Douxie casually levitated both of them down.

Irene nervously laughed a bit as she went down, but smiled once they'd got down.

And den her phone buzzed.

Irene scoffed and headed over to Douxie again, "It can wait."

Her phone buzzed again as she made it to stand in front of him.

She tried to ignore it with a quiet sigh- but couldn't when it buzzed a third time. "...It can't wait... People don't call me unless it's serious..." She mumbled, leaning her forehead against his shoulder.

"I'm right here, it can wait--" Douxie grumbled, a little restlessly, as Irene checked to see who it was and quickly answered, "Hey DAD, what's wrong?"

"Oooofcoursemyhouseisonfire," Irene mumbled after the quick convo with her dad ended.

"Your house is whAT."

"If you don't mind yes please-" Irene laughed nervously as she started heading towards the car.

Douxie got the door for her with his magic as he got in the passenger side.

And with that, they headed out towards her crispy place as fast as possible.

As they went, despite the stress Douxie knew was waiting at their destination, he became oddly relaxed.

When they arrived, Jordan was already at the house with Sofia, who was already getting most of the flames out.

Douxie chose a tree that was suitably far from the house and drew the water out of it with a word, then repeated the spell twice more before guiding the water to the house.

Sofia seemed to have been going something similar, and with those two doing that, and Irene and Jordan working a little closer to the hidden parts, they were able to get out the flames within a few more minutes.

"Thank you, Douxie," Sofia said, walking over to the two younger wizards.

"Irene, does your boyfriend want to stick around to help us clean up?" Jordan called out.

"Uuhhh-" Irene muttered flatly, "H-Hisirdoux isn't... Is-?" Irene shook her head, "Do you want to help? You really don't have to." She turned to Douxie, looking around him to make sure he hadn't gotten hurt.

He was VISIBLY red from Jordan's comment but didn't seem a BIT upset. "I'd be happy to."

Irene laughed ever so slightly, her heart nearly melting at Douxie's expression when she looked him in the eyes. It was one she'd known, but it only seemed to get more dazzling with time.

"Well, we should probably get started then..." Irene whispered massaging Douxie's shoulder for a moment as she went by and walked over to the house again.

He went redder, grinning like a fool, and followed her towards the singed house.