Next To Me

sorta angsty-fluff
(m/r) x Ushijima

(m/r) POV

    I walked to my apartment and sigh walking up the stairs. I had been trying to talk to Ushijima but he hasn't been answering my calls or text. He was very busy though with becoming a new popular volleyball player. I usually text Kegeyama about this but he tells me what happens so I know everything is okay.

After a while I fall asleep looking at photos of Tendou, Ushijima, and me. When I wake up I stand up and get changed into some shorts and a sweatshirt. I put my shoes on once I get to the door. I walk out the door to get some breakfast to eat but then I run around a park for a little.

I walk to a convenience store and get some breakfast to eat. After paying for some rice balls and apple juice I turn around and walk to a bench to eat at. When I finish eating I finish drinking my apple juice and walk home. Once I got home I look for something to give me ideas to paint.

I get my painting supplies ready and start painting after thinking a little. I put on my music and start blasting it in my room. My phone made a beeping noise so I stop the music and look at my phone. There was a text from Kageyama so I looked at it.

King of the courts 👑 :
We just came back to Japan

(m/r) :
Okay

King of the courts 👑 :
You should talk to him

(m/r) :
I 'll try

King of courts 👑:
okay good luck I have to leave bye

(m/r) :
alright bye

I sigh getting off my phone and blast the music again. After a while of painting I look at the time to see it was almost dinner time. The painting was different colors of dark green and there was hands trying to grab at something in the background. I look at my phone and sigh trying to call Ushijima.

He didn't pick it up so I stand up and make some ramen and two eggs to eat. I put it in a container and bring a bag to hold it so I don't get burned. Then I stand up to put my shoes on and walk outside with my keys and phone. After a while of walking I get to Ushijima's place to actually talk to him.

Thankfully a light was on so I knew that Ushijima was still there. I walk to the door and knock on it waiting for him quietly. "I brought some soup Ushijima I wanted to see if you would like some. I also wanted to talk to you because we haven't talked in a while."

I watch as he opens the door and lets me in the house. "Hi, (l/n) what are you doing here?" I look at him in the eyes and smile trying to act normal. "I wanted to come by because I haven't seen you in a while and I brought some ramen.

I thought you would like some." Ushijima just nods his head and I hand him the soup. "Have you talked to Tendou?" He looks at me and looks at the floor nodding no.

I nod my head slowly and try to change the subject. "Here you can eat the ramen I'll go now." I smile at him and turn away from him starting to walk out of his house. "I'll let you be now bye ."

I walk out of Ushijima's house and then start running to my house. After a while I stand in front of my room and lay in bed. I start to feel the tears go down my eyes, he never called me by my last name. Ushijima called me my last name at first but then we got closer.

What has become of us, I wanted to tell him that I loved him. But now he ignores me and I can't do anything because of it. I fall asleep crying and stay in bed for a long time. I barely got up I just lied in bed most of the time.

On a particular week I wake up in the afternoon to hearing my phone ringing. I answer it without looking at who it was. "I've been trying to call you, Ushijima hasn't been answering me. You talked to him right can you knock some sense into him?

He has to go to practice today (m/r)." I just hum in agreement and he ends the call. But then I realize what he just asked me to do. I sigh and clean my face up putting my shoes on.

After a few minutes I start walking to Ushijima's house. Once I got there I knock on the door and it opens instantly. "Oh, I thought you were someone else why are you here?" I take a deep breathe and look up at him.

"Kageyama called me and told me to you weren't at practice so he wanted me to get you. Ushijima why haven't you been coming to practice?" He stares at me and I sigh turning away from him. "I'm sorry for the way I've been acting, I shouldn't have done that to you.

I have just been frustrated but that's not a good reason to treat you like that." I turn around to look at him smiling at me. I smile back and hug him then push him in the house. "Get dressed now alright then go to practice after meet me at my house.

It's alright I forgive you but you should get going now." Ushijima smiles at me and we walk inside his house. "Thanks (m/r)" I smile at him and he walks away to his room. When he gets changed I take him to his team.

"Hey, Ushijima I have something to tell you before you leave." He nods at me a little confused and curious. "I love you." I kiss his cheek and smile walking home. I see him smile at me while holding his cheek blushing like a tomato.
________________________________
1040 words
Should I make a part 2?
your welcome for making this