The Mask Covers It

Naruto x male reader

(m/r) POV

    Burned, my village was burning and smoke everywhere no escape. There were screams everywhere I went around, nobody caring for others. Children, women, and men on the floor luring still. Everyone was gone and I was alone hiding, like a coward.

Timeskip

    The village was busy and loud but it was bright and warm. Many people smiling and giving things to each other. I pass out from exhaustion and hear ringing. After a while I wake up and stand up carefully to not fall off the cliff.

    But then I sit back down and look down at the village. There was a sound coming from the bottom of the mountain. When I get down there and see bandits at the bottom holding people. I get closer and quietly unlock their cages letting them out.

    "HEY!" There was a tall man and he walks towards me trying to attack me. But when he tries to get me I just push him by the shoulder. He flies backwards and I do that to the other bandits. Then I look through their things and look for food.

    There was some food to keep me for a week or 2-5 days. After grabbing it I put it in my bag and start walking around the trees. While walking I saw a girl with pink hair, she was laughing. But then someone grabs my arm harshly and pushes me into a wall.

"Who are you!?" Before he looks at my face I jump up and land on a tree branch. "Hi I'm Naruto who are you?" I turn jumping away and look back at him, his face confused.

He tries following me and I let him for a little. "Will you please leave me alone Naruto?" When I stop he smiles at me and gets closer to me with a smile on his face. "No! Not until you tell me your name and what village your from.

I haven't ever seen you here before and why are you wearing a mask." When he says that I just sigh and walk in front of him. "My name is (l/n) (m/r) I'd rather not say what village I'm from though. Goodbye" then I start to run away from him going to a river.

Naruto doesn't follow me anymore and I sigh getting some water. Then I start walking back to the top of the mountain. When I got up there I sigh and lay on the floor near my camp. Looking at the stars I smile putting my arm out as if to grab or touch them.

Naruto POV

    That boy was strange but something was wrong but I don't know what it is. When we got to Kakashi I walked up to him after we finished training. "There was a boy with a mask on that I found in the mountains. I think they are a ninja but I didn't see their headband, their name is (m/r).

    Do you know him?" Kakashi sighs and shakes his head no then looks to the mountains. "Was he hurt, I can look him up and get him from the mountains." I nod my head smiling at him, "only if I can come sensei."

    In the afternoon we didn't find anything about him. But we still went to the mountain to get him. When we got there I saw some smoke coming from the top of the mountain. We run to the top and saw there was a campsite, the fire still burning.

    "They left," we walk around looking for him and then I found a puddle of blood. "Hey! Look what I found!" When he comes over he sees what it was and we continue to search for him. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

    When I turn around it was him, but he was holding a large sword. "Oh no! I'm trying to help you, you got hurt so I wanna help you!" He sighs looking behind him seeing Kakashi in back of him. "I don't need any help, I have to leave now though."

    Kakashi walks next to me as (m/r) puts the sword down. "What kind of sword is that?" I turn to (m/r) and he looks at Kakashi suspicious. "I got it from my older sister, she gave it to me."

    "I'm sorry but I don't believe you, your sister wouldn't do that unless..." He turns away and then (m/r) starts putting things in his bag. Then he grabs a bucket of water and pours it onto the fire. It makes the smoke come towards us and then he vanished.

    "It's ok Naruto I know who he is, I'll find him later." We start walking back down to the village and I sigh. Then when I get home I walk upstairs and yawn tiredly. I change and walk to bed, lying down and I sigh.

    But then I hear a bump on the roof of the place. I look out the window and smile starting to fall asleep. Then I hear a thud, that came from the living room. I walk to it and then I see (m/r), they were laying there.

    "Sorry to pop up like this but I needed somewhere to sleep." Then he looks at me his mask was still on. "Why do you wear that mask?" "You see I have this scar and I like to wear it, it's comforting."

    I nod my head understanding what he means and I walk to him slowly. (m/r) sits up turning to me and then he stands up. "Do you keep asking because want me to take the mask off?" "Sorry it's just hard to trust someone when I don't know how they look.

    It's fine though I don't need to see your face." He laughs a little and looks at me grabbing my hands. "Can you please help me take it off then Naruto?" I smile and grab the strings carefully pulling so that it comes off slowly.

    Then he turns around and he did have a scar. It wasn't bad though it was just a big scar. "Honestly your scar looks so cool (m/r)." He laughs smiling and nods his head saying a few thank you's.

________________________________
1054 words