In The Shadows

Batman x (m/r)

(m/r) POV

    Right now I am working as a secretary for Lex Luther's company. I haven't done anything bad to anyone and I like it that way. I am usually quiet in the company, I don't want to be noticed by anyone. Last night I had to help out a coworker and things went badly.

    We had gone to get some supplies for the company but then we were stopped. I stayed sitting in the front seat but then I felt something on my neck. I touch it and find a thing in my neck I pull it out confused. Then I feel myself start to lose conciseness.

    I wake up and find myself tied up I kept my eyes closed though. There was people talking and a beeping sound all around me. It was probably a bomb I open my eyes slowly. I look around but then they find out I'm awake.

    "Oh your finally awake it wouldn't have been fun if you stayed asleep. We have something planned especially for you mister (m/r)." I stare back at Joker and turn my head to look around. But then he grabs my head and pulls me closer to him.

    When he does that I look at him and try to get out of his grip. Joker pulls me from the chair I was in and puts me on a lab table. I feel restraints go around my legs and arms, they were cold. The Joker starts getting things out to torture me with.

    I try to get out though knowing I can't get out of this. He starts to put needles in me and Harlequin comes around putting things into me. I start to lose conciseness again but try to get out still. After a while I wake up but I felt different than before.

    They must've thought I was dead because I was on the floor by a dumpster. I groan in pain and stand up walking to my house. Once I got there I take a shower and get changed to go to work. Then I get to work and start taking papers from a folder to check.

    I check a few papers and check the mail to see what we've got. Then I found a letter that was inviting Lex Luther to a gala. I stand up sighing and walk to Lex Luther's office to tell him. I knock on the door three times so he could let me in.

    I hear a muffled come in and walk into his office. "Mr. Lex Luther you have been invited to a gala on Saturday." He looks up at me and stands up in front of me. "You can go to represent the company right you'll have fun.

    I can't go because I have to work on some papers." I nod my head and walk out of his office to mine. Around 2 am I leave to go home but this time I go more prepared. I walk home and make myself prepared for anything.

    When I got home I sigh in relief and walk upstairs to look for something to wear. I get a nice dark academia outfit because I like them. Then I get changed and go to bed, laying awake for a little bit going to sleep later. I wake up and take a shower making sure that I'm clean.

I drink a coffee and eat omelet for breakfast. After fixing my outfit I put it on and make sure it's clean. Then I start to brush my hair to make it look better. I put on some chapstick so my lips don't look crappy and grab the invitation.

Then I look at the time and it was already almost time to get to the gala. I get a taxi to drive me to the Wayne Manor, once they drop me off I pay them. I start walking to the Wayne Manor but then guards stop me. I sigh and grab the invitation from out of my pocket.

"I'm a representative for the Lex Luther Corporate." They nod their head and let me walk into the Wayne Manor. After a few minutes a waiter gives me a wine glass with white wine in it. I drink a little and keep walking around looking at the architecture.

    I see that there was some snacks so I grabbed a few putting them on a plate. I eat a chocolate and it was delicious, is this how it feels to be rich? "You seem to really like that chocolate." I jump a little and turn around seeing that it was Bruce Wayne.