volume ii. xx

in the winter of the eleventh year of jianyuan, the imperial study.

there were many snowflakes outside the window, and the snow had fallen for three days and three nights. after lunch, the emperor stood in front of the window and looked out, and the snowflakes were held by the wind on his face, instantly turning into a drop of water.

the emperor stood in front of the window for a long time, accompanied only by a silently waving stove.

the guard on duty entered the room, knelt far away, and prayed: "emperor, the army has sent a message that general ji lao is critically ill." "

the emperor was still standing by the window, but there was a clear shock on his back, and there was no response for a long time.

the guard knelt for a moment and silently retreated.

shen hai came in from outside the door and stood behind the emperor, the cold air in the open window greeted him, and soon he felt the stiffness of his face, and the emperor was still standing there, looking at the sky and the earth outside the window, as if it had become a sculpture.

snowflakes fell, and some tried to break into the house, but halfway through they were steamed into droplets by the heat emitted by the stove and fell on the man's bright yellow dragon robe in front of the window.

shen hai took a few steps back and knelt at the emperor's feet, "emperor, take care of the dragon body." "

the emperor listened to the voice, then turned around, closed the window himself, ignored his words, and only said, "old general ji is no longer able to do it." "

shen hai was stunned and quickly reacted, saying, "general ji has been gone for a year. "

the emperor "hmmm" sounded, sat back in his chair, and said unhurriedly: "as soon as the old general leaves, it is time to take back the tiger charm." "

he added, "i don't know if ji jiu can rush back." this sentence is very soft, rather like self-talk. slightly, the emperor raised the volume again and asked shen hai, who was kneeling aside, "does ji jiu know that shuo deliberately broke him?" "

shen hai did not know how to answer such a question. after the border city is the desert, after the desert is the green space, above the green space, must be the gathering place of the huns. such a simple thing was known to the children who lived in biansai all year round, but the emperor sent ji jiu to go far away to explore the terrain.

such terrain, probing or not, in fact, there is no difference. because the sand in the desert is flowing sand, even if ji jiu walks past, he may not be able to follow the previous route. how to advance and retreat, whether to find the court of the xiongnu king, whether to find once, whether to find a second time, all depends on providence, and whether the general himself is keen.

shen hai was silent for a long time before he carefully said, "general ji is very clever." he said only this, and then did not say anything else.

the emperor was also silent, looking at the chapters on the dragon case, xu jiufang said, "he doesn't care at all whether yuan's deliberately separated him." all he cared about was that promise. the day he returned to beijing was the time when the soldiers and horses of the world were handed over to him. the emperor fiddled with the pieces on the case, thinking that no one in this world knew ji jiu's eagerness to sweep away the xiongnu better than he did, because he was the same.

therefore, before everything is prepared, he will exile this person far away, to a far, dangerous place, but he does not have to face the cold arrows of the dark gun.

before he could defeat the xiongnu, he had to wash away some people, many of whom were in close contact with ji jiu. if ji jiu is there, they may quarrel, or they may implicate ji jiu.