volume iii. xxv

ruixue came as promised in the cold wind, like goose feathers fluttering and spreading everywhere, the landscape was still the same, and the face was completely different. the house was burning with charcoal fire, burning in full swing, liu yan stood in front of the window and tightened his clothes, behind him was the sound of sparks splashing in the brazier, and his cheeks had the cold of the cold wind, and the cold and warm days were both cold and warm.

shen jue took some peanuts and chestnuts into the house, and when the door was opened, the snowflakes and the cold wind rushed in together, he turned around hurriedly, covered the door, and threw the dried fruit in his hand into the brazier. stroking with the fire scythe, he looked at the shadow by the window and said, "it's cold at night, does daddy want to burn the pot of wine to eat?" "

liu yan nodded and said to him, "send a hot pot to xu mingshi." "

shen jue boiled two pots of wine and brought some pastries into xu mingshi's room. xu mingshi, wrapped in a thick quilt, curled up at the head of the bed in a half-awake state, and heard the door being pushed open. the room with only an oil lamp lit was not bright, and in the shadows i saw a tall figure standing at the table, leaning over slightly, placing the things in his hands on the table.

xu mingshi opened his eyes and looked at it for a long time, until the man put the snacks one by one and prepared to leave, and then he stopped him: "xiao bao." "

the shadow paused for a moment, turned around, and the young man's characteristic clear eyes were also full of light in the darkness, like a sharp blade out of its sheath, shooting straight at him.

the heavy quilt wrapped around his body seemed to have lost its strength to withstand the cold. xu mingshi couldn't help but grasp the quilt again, wrapping himself tighter and silenced. he knew that now was the time to lower his eyebrows and be pleasant, and the father and son treated him not thinly, and the kindness was thick. moreover, in the face of this strong young man, he was nothing more than a decaying and useless old man.

maybe he was really old, dazed, old and stupid, xu mingshi heard himself provoking him again and said, "xiao bao." "

the shadow hid shen jue's face very well, and shen jue stood for a moment, did not speak, and turned away.

he walked quickly, and if it weren't for the cold air that flowed when the wooden door opened, xu mingshi even thought it was just a dream of his own. in the dream he turned to the child and called his name. if this was not a dream, then a long time ago, xu mingshi felt that he had had a long dream.

in the dream, there was his best friend, his confidant, and the little child, who rejoiced in the gifts he had brought, and called him in a childish voice, uncle xu.

xu mingshi felt that he was really old, so old that he was useless, and he could only miss the past. the details of those memories, the things that he once thought had long been forgotten, were all reappearing in front of his eyes when he was old. so clear, so real, as if it were yesterday.

it turned out that he never forgot.

after bathing, liu yan put on a cotton coat, sat by the brazier to roast dry and wet hair, while stirring in the basin with a fire sickle, picking up the fruits that had been buried in the ashes and putting them in the dishes on the side, shen jue picked up the peanuts, peeled off the hemp shell, followed by the red clothes also scattered in the rubbing, he blew a breath, the red clothes powder fell to the ground, and what remained in his palm was a grain of warm and fragrant fruit.

when in the barracks, in the winter when there was no war, they often did so, no matter how heavy the snow was outside, the cold was raging, and what floated in the military tent was the fragrance of food and the warm flames.