Four

Kaz

-

Kaz looked out onto the floor of the crow club through a small hidey hold in his office. Ciardia was out on the floor, with Jesper trying to find any information that might help them. He watched the dark haired girl intently, he knew this job was going to be hard for her. Something inside of him wanted her to not come, but without his protection, slavers looking for Grisiha had a easier chance at getting to her.

Kaz sighed as he heard foot steps in his back room. Inej. He slid the cover over the hole and turned to walk back. Using his cane as support with each step. "Inej, listen. I..." Kaz froze in place, the footsteps were to loud to be Inejs. His assumption was correct as two men stepped out. Kaz looked both back and forth for a minute. Then he struck. One in the stomach with his cane. The other was quick and pushed his cane towards the ground causing Kaz to dropped it. The man grabbed his shoulders and slammed his head against the desk.

He held Kazs arms behind his back making a human handcuff. As Kaz struggled to break free, the last person on this dark and awful earth walked into the room. Pekka Rollins, gave the boy an assumed smile.

"Evening. Mr. Brekker, is it?" Kaz stared at him, this was not the way he wanted to encounter Pekka. He wanted himself to be on top.

"You're a long way from home." Kaz said coolly, he didn't want Pekka to know he was nervous.

"Am I? Like you were earlier?" He walked closer to Kaz towering over him. "When you took that Grisha-"

"That Grisha isn't Dime Lions property." Kaz said, his jaw tensing as Ciardia became topic of discussion.

"She will be. You heard it hear first. Now." Pekka was toying with him, he could sense that the Grisha was important to him. Kaz hated the hold of affection he held for her. Pekka sat down in a chair in front of Kaz. The man who held Kaz in a tight grip tossed the crow cane to Pekka. "I know you seen Dreesen. You got the jump on whatever job he has. I don't want the details, obviously, just that you have a little travel hazard ahead of you. So here's the deal." Kaz glared at him, but didn't speak. "You can do nothing, walk away from it. I'll tell Dreesen I'm taking over for you then we're even."

"Not even close." Kaz spoke, rage taking over his senses. The man would never be even with him until he was dead.

"Hang on. The other option is..." Pekka said b4ing Kaz's head closer to him with the beak of the crow on his cane. "I'll cave your head on with your own cane and dump you in the harbor..." Kaz looked up to him, hatred filling his eyes. "That first option seems better now, don't it?" Pekka released Kaz's head from the canes grip and stood up.

"Tell me, have we ever made a deal before?"

"You and me? Nah. Otherwise you'd know better or you'd be dead." Kaz watched as Pekka tossed his cane on his desk. Turning to leave. Pekkas anwser had enraged him even more. How could he forget? "Come on." Pekka said to his man, the man holding Kaz pushed him to the ground. Kaz didn't move. He didn't even hear the knock on his door, or that it opened.

"Kaz?" Ciardia whispered, her hand placed on his shoulder. She was calming him. He felt more calmer. He never seemed to flinch when she placed her hand on him. He always brought it to the fact that she had that power to convince him to.

"We need to find a way."

-

Ciardia

-

"He doesn't have a way across the Fold, and we both know it." Inej said to Jesper.

"He'll figure it out. Come take that bet. Bollinger won't play with me anymore so..." A shot was placed in front of Jesper. "Thank you."