fourteen

chapter fourteen:

Ren kisses Lia
———

"You're too late! What are you going to do now?" Gorya asked Ren after Mira had left to board her flight.

Ren simply smiled and pulled out his passport and a one way ticket to France. This resulted in gasps from the other F4 members and Lia. "I won't avoid problems anymore," stated Ren, "because of you I've gathered my strength to fight. He proceeded to kiss Gorya's forehead and gave her a small smile. Before anyone had a chance to process what was going on he turned to Lia, "I'm sorry Lili for blaming you, I really am". His fingers brushed Lia's hair behind her ear as he reached down to place a warm kiss on her cheek. An apologetic smile resided on his face, "thank you".

With his suitcase in one hand and passport in the other, Ren began walking towards the gate to board his flight.

"How could you do this?" exclaimed Thyme as he rushed to ambush Ren. Thyme's hands clung tightly onto the collar of Ren's shirt, "are you really going to leave me? Why didn't you talk to us about this?". His voice began to push back a sob as he continued to ask Ren rhetorical questions. Thyme was devastated. One of his only childhood friends was leaving him, "we won't be F4 anymore!" he cried out.

"DAMN IT!" Thyme yelled. His grasp on Rens' shirt tightened, "I haven't even apologized to you yet...". Ren embraced a crying Thyme, "It's okay," he whispered, "you don't have to".

"My eyes are still swollen from crying so much," whined Lia. The girl wore her signature shades and the hood of her hoodie over her head. Apparently she looked too much like a 'chewed up piece of toast' to be wearing anything decent to school. Gorya sat across from her at the lunch table and patted her hand, "there there" she cooed in a sarcastic baby voice.

Two girls from another table were speaking loudly and indirectly complaining about Gorya, "she won't have a prince like Ren to protect her anymore," they cackled. Lia already felt awful from the lack of sleep and couldn't be bothered to directly confront the girls. Instead, she decided to pick up the bottle of juice she had ordered and pour it all over the newly purchased dolls that the girls were showing off. They shrieked in surprise but suppressed any insults knowing that Liliana was much more influential than they were. On top of that, she was friends with F4 and they weren't.

"Ahem"

The television screens in the cafeteria began playing a video that Thyme had prerecorded. "Oh no... no no no what is he doing?" questioned Lia in embarrassment.

"Miss Thitara Jundee, are you watching? I have an announcement for you."

The eyes of everyone in the entire student body turned to stare at Gorya after hearing what Thyme said on TV. She too looked surprised to be called out by him.

"I have an announcement for you... This saturday come and see me at the clock tower near the ferris wheel at Asiatique at 1 p.m.! Ok?!" Thyme exclaimed bore the screen went black.

"Did Thyme just ask you on a date?" asked Hana, who was sitting in the seat next to Gorya. Being the considerate person she is, Gorya denied it knowing that she had no interest in dating Thyme.

"Gorya," called out Liliana as she hugged her friend from behind, "You're perpetually fucked."

———a/n

I feel like this section is just for me to excuse my chapters being short lol.... I swear I have a decent excuse this time though! I was working on outlining another fanfiction that I want to write about some dándome figure skater who totally didn't win a gold olympic medal twice or anything....