forty seven

chapter forty seven:

Kavin was taunted by her
———

"I would."

Lita let out a scoff and pulled away from the embrace. She pointed a finger at Vin and shook it as if she was scolding him, "aren't you still obsessed with strawberries? If I married you then that would just be the same as if I married Thyme: it would be a one sided love!"

Vinnys eyes went wide and he sat up straighter than before, "what? How do you know that?".

"Just because I haven't seen you since we were twelve doesn't mean I haven't kept in touch with Lia. She's told me alllllll about your little rendezvous with your little lover," she said with a sing-song voice.

He let out a sigh and fell back onto Lita's bed.

"Difference is, I can never be with them again. The universe could never allow it."

Thyme was grumbling about his newly formed relationship with Gorya. He was sitting in the middle of the floor of the basketball court. All of the F4 members had gathered to play a game of basketball together. They all wore some form of red jersey that was especially made; the jersey had the F4 logo and a large four plastered right on the center it.

"You really have no moves, Thyme" MJ said as Ren helped Thyme off of the floor, "You need to be schooled by the best. Kavin!" he called out to his partner in crime. Kavin simply waved an arm to dismiss MJ. The tired and frustrated look on Kavin's face made Ren a little concerned but he brushed it off. It wasn't rare for the boy to have a pissy attitude once in a while.

"I guess Kevin's out, let professor MJ teach you. Imagine you want a ball from Ren's hands. What would you do?"

Ren sighed and lifted his hands as if he was carrying an imaginary ball. Thyme looked back and forth between MJ and Ren before speaking, "Ren doesn't have a ball! Look," he said whilst pointing. "That's the point!," MJ exclaimed, "If you want a ball from Ren, you need to pass it to him fist and then he can pass it back to you. Love is the same, you have to give her something special first. If it's good enough she'll give something romantic back to you."

"You're right!," Thyme stated, "but what could be special enough?"

The three of them stood there pondering what to do for Gorya. Ren clapped his hands and spoke, "Yesterday I made dinner for Lia and was rewarded with a kiss," he said in a bragging tone, "so maybe something simple like that? How about a surprise party?"

"Sold. I am sold!"

Kavin was taunted by her.

Mona.

Even her name sent shivers up his spine. She was Kavin's childhood friend — even before he bábame friends with the other F4 members. Not only that but she was his childhood crush. Actually, she was his crush for the majority of his life. He spent the days admiring her and hanging onto her every word. To him, Mona was the main character on stage.

She was everything he wanted to be. She was smart and kind, forgiving and charitable, fun and easygoing. Mona was just a free spirit. She didn't care what others thought of her and danced to the beat of her own drum. The opinions of others never mattered to her, not when she had Kavin by her side. He knew this. He knew that she trusted him deeply and relied on him. He knew that she would crumble if their friendship were to end. So he never told her how he felt out of fear. To him, Mona was the main character and he was the one that protected her from all danger.

But then Knight came along.

Mona adored Knight. The two of them were practically boyfriend and girlfriend but Kavin couldn't quite remember if they had ever been official or not. It didn't matter. Labels aren't always needed to reflect one's feelings. And Mona and Knight obviously liked each other. Knight was all she spoke about whenever she hung out with Kavin. She would ramble on about where her boyfriend had traveled, what he liked to eat, his hobbies, his opinions, and any other little detail about him.

"Kavin?" a voice called out in the midst of his panic attack. He had been swimming laps non-stop in the pool for the past half hour or so. Kavin was gasping for air but didn't look in the direction of the voice, fearing that it might be a vision of Mona taunting him again. Or perhaps it wasn't a vision but a memory.

"KAVIN!," the voice yelled out again. He couldn't avoid it this time and turned to look at who had called him. He mentally prepared himself to see Mona's image but was instead looking at a concerned Liliana. She walked towards him and sat at the edge of the pool with her feet dipped inside the water. "Ren texted me asking if I could check up on you... a penny for your thoughts?"

Breathing heavily, he shook his head. He really didn't want to relive the past but slowly it was eating away at him. Eventually he caved and began to explain to Lia who Mona was but he danced around the event that caused them to fall apart.

It was because Kavin was envious of Knight.

He didn't mean to hurt Mona's feelings but he felt furious. So when she brought up the fact that she was staying with Knight at a beach house alone, he couldn't help but bring up the fact that Knight probably wanted to sleep with her. Kavin made matters worse by avoiding Mona for the rest of that week. He even pushed her away harshly at one point. Worst of all, he didn't meet up with her even though she made it alarmingly clear that it was important.

He knew that he was an asshole. He knew that he didn't deserve to be with Mona or anyone as incredible as her. Perhaps that's why he continued to push Kaning away. It was a way for him to dismiss any romantic feelings he had for her. He didn't want Kaning to end up like Mona: a heartbroken, total stranger.

To him, Mona was the main character on stage, Knight was the main love interest, and he was nothing but a tree in the background.

———a/n

I FORGOT I HAD TO WRITE TODAY, THATS WHY THIS IS SLIGHTLY ALL OVER THE PLACE AND A LITTLE LATE!!

have a pic of Dew's cat: :]