Chapter Twenty Seven

I park my car in front of the restaurant, mouth slightly agape. There's already a handful of men working on the damaged property, and my suspicions are confirmed when I see Elias signing off on a paper that was given to him by one of the men. I step out of my car, pulling up the band to my sweatpants a bit.

I had planned on getting up early and analyzing what all had been damaged before making the call. My hair is in a messy bun, and I'm in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walk up behind Elias, hands in my pocket. I place my hand on the small of his back, and he jumps lightly at the feeling.

"Hello beautiful, wasn't expecting you here so early." He greets, leaning down to give me a kiss.

I place my hand on his chest, kissing him back. "This early? I wasn't expecting you here at all. What's going on?" I watch as three men carry over a large slab of glass towards the building.

"Kaleb told us about the damage so I made a few calls. The tile was damaged as well so they're replacing it. I wanted it done before you got here," he sighs. "Was hoping to prevent you from needing to shut down for a day. "

My heart swells and beats just a bit faster at the thoughtful gesture. I smile softly. "You really didn't have to do this. I really appreciate it. How much is it going to cost?"

"It's already been paid for, ma'am. Here's the invoice Mr. Lamont." The guy he was talking to hands him a piece of paper.

"Elias!" I scold, trying to see how much it is.

He puts it out of my reach, pulling me by the waist close to him and kissing me once more. He uses this moment to slide the paper in his back pocket, smiling against my lips. "We've got you, baby. I understand you aren't used to being taken care of, but we love you. We want to spoil you."

I stand in his arms, looking at him shyly. The thoughtfulness in their actions is what really makes me feel loved. I've never experienced someone putting thought into my happiness, and honestly I'm unsure of how to respond. My first reaction is to pay them back, but I know they won't accept it.

"Also, a new security system is being put in place." Elias twists me around, pointing to the four cameras in the front of the building. "They're all going to be linked to an app on your phone, and there's also alarms on every window and door. If they are opened without being unlocked prior it'll send you a notification." He looks in thought, as if he's fighting to say what he wants. "Okay look, it's also linked to Mateo and I's phone. For safety purposes only, but if you don't want it on our phones we can take it off. We prefer to have it incase of an emergency though." He rambles.

"It's okay, it'll make me feel better if you all can keep an eye on everything as well." I smile, calming his nerves. "Where is my other boyfriend, anyway?" I glance around the parking lot, not seeing any signs of Mateo.

"He's at the warehouse today, baby. But we want to spend time with you tonight if you're free." He rubs my back as we walk into the restaurant.

"I've always got time for you two," I mumble softly as I look at all the work they're doing. The tile has already been ripped up, and they're preparing to put new ones down. All windows that were damaged are fixed, for the exception of one.

Honestly, the thought of him caring so much for my restaurant makes me want to take him to the bathroom and let him have his way with my throat.

I bite my lip as he shows me the different areas that have been fixed, and unfortunately I can only focus on his lips as they move.

"You hear me, baby?" He asks, his arms folded and his eyebrow raised.

"Mhm, yes babe," I say a bit too quickly. "Can you and Mateo take a few days off work?" I ambitiously ask.

"Days? How many?"

"Just two." I fiddle with my fingers.

"I'll talk to Mateo, but we should be able too."

"Like, today. You know what, I'll go ask him myself. Go home and pack, please?" I stick my bottom out just a bit, rubbing his chest.

He looks down at me, weighing out his options. "Okay, my love. Call me when you talk to Mateo."

I shriek in excitement, rushing out the door to my car. I make a few calls, including Noah to let him know I'm leaving for two days. I explain to him the renovations, and leave him the option on opening today if he chooses too. If not we'll open tomorrow on normal time.

By the time I'm off the phone, I'm pulling into the warehouse. Elias sent me the location after clearing it with Mateo.

It's quiet out here, the warehouse tucked away onto private land. The doors are closed and I'm slightly nervous to walk in. I fight through the nerves, knocking a few times before opening the door. I am met with about fifteen eyes staring at me defensively, and my face flushes. I find Mateo's eyes and my worries diminish.

"Babygirl," he greets, walking towards me. He gives me a quick kiss. "They finish fixing your restaurant yet?"

"Not yet," I mumble, looking up at him.

He glances around, noticing all eyes on us. "The fuck is everyone looking at? Get these piles stacked." He snaps, taking my hand and leading me outside. "What's going on? Elias said you wanted to talk."

"Yes, uh. Can you take the rest of today and tomorrow off? For me?" I hold his hand in mine.

"Baby, I've got a deal today at six." He runs his thumb over my hand. I look up and pout, but decide not to press it. I nod my head in understanding, and he groans. "What do you want to do, my love?"

"Just wanna take y'all somewhere, that's all." I shrug.

"Give me an hour, I'll meet you at our house. Okay?" He mumbles, leaning down to kiss me. His lips linger, and he lets out a chuckle. "The shit you do to me. Turning me soft and shit."

Oh baby, the things I plan to do to you both.