Glad You Came

Namjoon's POV

"Tried to keep you close to me, but life got in between"

While listening to this song a strange sense of loneliness engulfs me as every word hits right at my heart, I have felt this loneliness for years, a despondent kid who was always engrossed in scribbling lyrics on his notebook, writing poetry, creating musical notes that's what life has always been for me but nothing I did could drive away from this aloofness. It felt as if a part of me was missing and I tried searching for that piece everywhere but could never find it.

Even in a group of people I always found myself alone, as if I belonged somewhere else, I tried meeting new people even tried dating a few but could never truly commit myself to them because I felt this tug in my heart, as if I was doing something wrong and these were not the ones I was supposed to be with.

As I sat lost in thoughts I felt a pat on my back and was brought out of my reverie by my best friend Jackson, this dork always had a way of keeping me sane from the raging chaos of my mind.

Joon don't tell me you are daydreaming again, have you thought about the chief guest for the music festival it's almost a week away, we need to hand out the invites and the column which is supposed to have the name of our chief guest still stands empty!

I have been thinking over it, we did speak with a few people but none of them was ready to come, even I am stressed over it jack, stop stressing me out further, I huffed annoyed.

Jackson shrugged and sat next to me scrolling through his insta feed when he paused on an account and stared in awe, he kept mumbling to himself and it got aggravating at some point, why are you mumbling? you know how I hate it when you do that, it irks me.

Dude have you seen this man, Kim Jung kook, gosh I aspire to be like him one day, he is creating a stir in the kpop industry and we need more people like him, I wish I was as lucky as you to have secured a summer internship in his company, Jackson kept blabbering and it then hit me that we could invite Jung kook as the chief guest he would not deny it, as far as I know, we got acquainted pretty well on that flight to Paris, maybe if I do approach him, he might just accept it besides he is the perfect candidate for being the chief guest, he is a youth icon after all.

Let's go, I pulled Jackson up along with me,

Where are we going?

To hybe entertainment, I smiled.

An Hour Later

We arrived at Hybe and I was sweating profusely, what if Jung kook forgot me? He is an extremely busy man; I hope I don't make a fool out of myself in front of Jackson, we nervously walked up to the receptionist, um Hi we are here to meet Mr Jung kook, I silently prayed that she would not drive us away calling us pesky college boys who are here to waste her time.

Hello there and who must you be? Are you an acquaintance of Sir Jung kook? She politely asked.

Yes, I am Kim Namjoon and this is my friend Jackson Wang, Mr. Kim Knows who I am, we won't take much time of his.

Okay please have a seat I will just speak with sir and let you know, she smiled at us.

I saw her making a few calls and kept my fingers crossed, praying that Mr Kim remembers me, as I sat with my eyes shut tightly I heard a soft voice call my name out and opened my eyes to see the receptionist smiling at me, Sir Jung kook would like to meet you now, please follow me, I will guide you to his office, she smiled.