In This Life

A/N: Most of the story will be in a third-person POV.

The fanart used is not mine and all credits to the respective owner.

30 years ago,

1st September 1991

The Kim household was bustling with happiness this morning, it was their beloved kookie's 5th birthday, Jin and Namjoon had been up all night decorating the entire house for their little bundle of joy.

They both had decided they will record the entire experience in their new video camera that Namjoon had specifically bought for his babies' birthday, Jin had even suggested recording small video messages for their Kookie so that he could look back at these glorious memories in years to come.

Namjoon!! Will you hurry up we need to get the decorations over before the guests start arriving, also wake Kookie up and surprise him but seeing your speed I don't think anything will work out! Jin fumed at his husband.

Jin, love calm down it's all done, I think you are just panicking, let me get the camcorder and we will go wake kookie up, Namjoon smiled at his husband.

The couple made their way towards Jungkook's bedroom but Jin stopped Namjoon midway, Joonie listen we need to record the message before waking Jungkook up! How do you expect us to do that with him around us, isn't this supposed to be a surprise for him! He huffed annoyed,

Namjoon fidgeted with the camcorder in his hand as he got dragged by Jin in another room, Okay let's record it in here, you first, Jin squealed excitedly.

O-okay I am starting it, Namjoon turned the camcorder towards himself as he spoke, Happy Birthday Jungkook, our Kookie, Daddy loves you very much, it feels like yesterday since I first held you in my arms, and today, we are celebrating your fifth birthday, can't believe how time flies by, I want you to know that daddy loves his boy dearly and your bunny smile lights up my day, no matter how hard it was, I love you my baby bunny, I will always be here with you-

As namjoon was about to finish the message, Jin interrupted him towards the end Joonie will you hurry up! I need to record my message too, I don't want Jungkook waking up and walking in on us, turn the camcorder towards me, I want to record my message now, Jin was agitated.

Yeah, here you go, Namjoon turned the camcorder towards his husband as Jin began speaking Happy Birthday Jungkookie, my baby, my bunny, my world, you are the best boy in this whole world and appa loves his baby bunny very much, thank you for choosing to be born as our son, for giving me the opportunity of birthing you, for being my most precious gift. I want you to always be happy in life and follow your heart, appa will always be with you supporting his baby, always be a humble and loving person even when you grow up because nothing will give us more happiness than you being a loving and caring person, that will always make your daddy and appa proud of their baby, I love you Kookie, Happy Birthday once again my love.

The couple tip-toed towards their sons' room and entered inside screaming Happy Birthday and coddling their little one, peppering his face with kisses, Kookie happy birthday baby, the couple spoke in unison.

Thank you, daddy, and appa, I love you, little kookie squealed as he engulfed his parents in a joint hug his little form getting squished between them.

Kookie, we have your surprise downstairs come let's go and have a look, Jin picked his baby up in his arms he led him downstairs while Namjoon followed recording it, Jungkook squealed with joy as he walked into the family room as it was filled with balloons and lovely streamers, Jin placed him down as little kookie ran around kicking the balloons, Jin popped open the glitter streamers as Namjoon recorded the entire scene smiling at the lovely moment, his heartwarming up immensely.