▪︎7▪︎

C H A R L I E

For the first time since getting on the ship, I got ready right when I woke up. I normally don't try and make any effort at looking presentable but this morning I felt a need to do so. I know Luke does not care what I look like since he's basically seen me at my worst but there was still this need to look good. Earlier this morning he texted me to tell me to meet him at our usual restaurant at 10. It was now 9:50 and to say I was stress was an understatement. I knew this breakfast wasn't going to be like the others. For the first time since meeting one another we had to talk about a serious matter if I can say it that way. When I looked at the clock and saw that it was now 9:55 I put all the stress I had towards meeting with Luke aside and rushed out of my room. I really hoped I wasn't going to be that late. The ship is actually really big so walking from my room to the restaurant era can take a while. I've never walked as fast as I did right now in my entire life. I managed to make it to the restaurant right in time. When I got right in front of the entry I saw Luke in a more secluded area looking at his phone. I told the host that I was with him and went to join him at the table.

"Hi." I said while sitting down. He immediately looked up from his phone and put it away.

"Hey. I was starting to think you wouldn't show up." He laughed a bit and I sent him a smile but before I could answer a waiter was at our table. He took our order and left. For a few minutes neither me or Luke said a word. It was staring to be uncomfortable but he decided to break the silence. "I'm sorry for yesterday." I looked at him telling to explain more. "For how I acted when you told about your college."

"Oh. well its no big deal you know." I tried to make it look like it didn't really affected me but I think he saw right trough my façade.

"Charlie, it is a big deal. I didn't show any joy when you told and I feel bad." he took my hand across the table to make me look at him in the eyes.

"But why didn't you look happy? That's what I'm mostly asking myself to be honest. Because I know its not the fact that I'm moving so far from home at a young age."

"I thought we wouldn't see each other after this summer." That took me by surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you live in New York and I live in LA and I thought what we have going on was only going to last this summer. Obviously I want our relationship to work out after the cruise but I also did not want to bring you into my life out of here. And well having you live in New York would've been easier for me to 'forget' about this summer."

"What is so bad about your life that you dont want me in it."

"Nothing is bad. I dont want to say it that way but I'm famous Charlie, it is really hard for me to keep anything private and I do not want you to live with the stress of all of it if we were to continue what we have on another level."

"Oh" It was all I could bring myself to say. What he was telling me actually made a lot of sense and I understood his point of view but I didn't know what could be said on my end.

"I am so happy for you that you get to live your dream and also so happy that I could get the chance to still see you outside of this ship but before I even think about it I want to know if you want us to bring whatever kind of relationship we have on another level when we go back to our normal lives."

"This is a big question, Luke. I mean of course I still want to see you outside and all but you just made me realize that being with you is, umm, how can I say it? Well it is just a lot."

"Yeah I know that's why I wanted to ask you how you felt about our relationship."

"I really like what's going on between us but Luke we've known each other for what two weeks? we got close really fast and now were talking about what's going to happen to us after this summer? This is all going so fast for me right now." I let out a breathy laugh