▪︎1▪︎

C H A R L I E

I've never been a big fan of cruises. I never felt like it was a safe place. I mean first you're in the middle of nowhere that is the sea, and you literally give your safety in the hands of some strangers that are paid to be here. That doesn't sound like safety to me.

Unlike me, my whole family love cruises. I don't even know why to be honest. They just love going on those big ship.

Normally going on a cruise would be a getaway for my parents from me and my little brother. I mean I understand them wanting to get away from a 15 year boy old full of hormones every once in a while. But a 18 year old!? Really? Not that I'm complaining because when they leave like that most of the time they leave me home alone since I'm 18.

But this time, my parents decided that it would be an amazing idea to go on a family cruise.

When they told me the news I wasn't happy at all. You must think 'why wouldn't you be happy? It's a cruise!' but yeah like I said I don't like cruises.

I tried to convince them to let me stay home but they said no, since it's a 2 months cruise. 2 MONTHS! It's summer time I thought I could do the things I love which consist of laying in bed watching Netflix. But nope can't do that.

I would probably have been happier if I had someone to go with but it's only my parents and my little brother. It really doesn't help anything.

I've told the few friends that I have about it and all they said was how lucky I was.

They once brought the idea of trying to find other teens I could make friends with for this summer. For once I thought it was a good idea. I'm sure I won't be the only teenager that is stuck with her family.

~~~

Today's the day. Leaving for the whole summer on a ship visiting few countries on the way.

The ship doesn't have wifi. Which freaks me out even more. Like what if something happen and I can't contact anyone. But besides that the wifi thing doesn't really bother me. It's not like I'm fully active on social media. I've downloaded few movies and series before we had to leave, just in case I get really bored.

"Alright Charlie, We have to go." My father told me breaking me out of my thoughts. I really do over think sometimes.

We all made our way to the car. Its was really early in the morning since it takes long time boarding. My little brother was jumping everywhere and I wish I would have said that has a metaphor but he is actually jumping. I really don't understand how you can have so much energy so early, even if you're excited.

"Are you 100% sure that there's no wifi at all?" I asked my parents after a few minutes of driving.

"There is wifi. But just at some specific places and you have a limited amount of time you can used it per day." my mom replied with a sigh. Did she really want me to pass the whole summer without at least 10 minutes of wifi.

"Why didn't you tell me I would probably have been happier to go on that cruise." I tell my mom.

"Come on darling you barely used wifi or even your phone. And we let you have your own room the whole trip." my dad replied before my mother could.

I didn't say anything else after that and just put my headphones in and listened to music.

~~~

I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up by Theo, my little brother. We have had arrive to where the ship will leave in just few hours.

I got out of the car, took my suitcases, because yes I have more than one. What did you expect. We're leaving for 2 months so got to be prepared for everything. After we all took our suitcase we made our way to security.