Chapter 38: Kill the Depression

(A/N: "Another different song for the intro. I think y'all will like it. I think it fits Akame and Dairoku's relationship and how Akame feels about Dairoku")

Dairoku: "What the...?"  He asked himself, looking around as he somehow ended up in what looked like a graveyard. With an eyebrow rose, he looked around before kneeling before one of the tombs, reading what it said. However, his eyes widened when he saw the name...  "Tatsumi..!?"

Startled, he backed away slightly before looking at the other tombstones, his eyes widening in horror. They all had the names of his teammates, his family.. Najenda, Leone, Saber, Levi, Lieselotte, Mira, Mine, Chelsea, Lubbock.. However, upon looking at two more, he became completely mortified... They displayed the names of... Air and Akame..

Dairoku: "N-No..."

???: "Do you see it, big bro?"  He gasped before slowly turning around, spotting...

Dairoku: "K-Kuraime...?"

Kuraime: *gestures to all the graves* "This is the result of the war. Everyone dies but you remain. Do you understand why that's the case?"

Dairoku: "S-Stop it..."

Kuraime: "That's right. YOU were the one who did this.. Massacred everyone you held so dear to you, just like with what you did to all of those innocent people in the past."

Dairoku: "N-No..."

Kuraime: "Even your beloved Akame and your adopted daughter, Air, you killed them too! Air was begging for her loving dad to come back to her. She was crying her heart out for you to come back. Akame on the other hand.. She didn't cry, beg or anything... she just accepted her fate, all because she loved you that much. She even prayed to God that he'll spare your life. She was even pregnant with your children; twins!"

Dairoku: *looks down and clenches his fists* "Stop..."

Kuraime: "So in the end, not only were you too slow and weak to save me, Sheele and Bulat.. But you ended up turning on your own friends, family.. Lover."

As she said that, multiple bodies began rising around from the graves, the majority of them being from Night Raid, but the ones that frightened him the most, was the ones of the innocent people he killed and of Akame and Air. They were all just chanting

"Death is calling for you, Harbinger! JOIN US!"

***********************************

With a loud cry of despair and agony, Dairoku shot up from his bed in an incredible panic. Immediately, his yelling woke up the sleeping crimson-eyed beauty next to him as she looked up at him, shock plastered all over her face.

Akame: "Dairoku!"  Immediately, she brought his head into her chest and hugged him tightly yet comforting.  "It's alright! It's alright. I'm here.. Everything's okay.."

Slowly but surely, the Vampire King calmed down and just remained silent for A few seconds before...

Dairoku: *frail* "A-Aka...me...?"

Akame: "It's me, darling.."  He slowly looked up at her, with she taking note to the tears in his eyes. Wiping them away, she placed a gentle kiss on his lips.  "You were screaming.. Is it another nightmare...?"

He said nothing and just looked away, nodding slowly. Dairoku's told her about the nightmares he has of those who fell victim to his blade during his time with the Empire. However, this particular time, the nightmare was drastically different and Akame could tell just from his reaction. When he'd wake up from a nightmare, Akame found him with small tears in his eyes or would just see him jolt up suddenly, but no screaming. This was the first time she heard him scream in terror like that.