20• Feelings

Preeta woke up feeling the morning sunrays on her face. She rubbed her eyes and found herself sleeping leaning against the door.

Her mind took a backflip and reminded her of the memories of last night. She looked around the room and it was the same as it was, the previous night.

A lone tear escaped preeta's eyes and she wiped it. His words started ringing in her mind. She looked here and there trying to focus on something else other than this.

She looked at the clock and it was 7:15, she wakes up almost at this time only. She sighed and sat on the bed feeling pain in her back.

"Tumne mana kiya h na, to ab m Tumse sach m kuch nhi puchugi. Tum khud mujhe bataoge, dekhna! Tum khud mujhe bataoge" preeta said and went towards washroom for her daily chores.

She came outside after taking a shower wearing a simple but elegant light blue kurti with white leggings and white chunri. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

Just then a knock came on the door and she made a normal face. She opened the door and as she had expected, it was Karan.

"Pree..." Karan was about to say something but preeta ignored him royally and went back to mirror.

She applied sindoor and wore her mangalsutra. She was about to move outside when karan hold her hand.

"I m sorry preeta! I m really sorry! Mera intention tumhe hurt krne ka nhi tha" Karan said and preeta looked at him.

Both were looking at each other with lots of emotions. Preeta was looking at him hurtfully while he was looking at her with guilt and pain. Both were looking deeply in each other's eyes, their eyes saying what words failed to explain.

Hurt from her side, sorry from his.

But preeta looked away braking the eye lock bringing them both back to the earth. She freed her hand from his grip and went outside.

He was continuously calling her name but she didn't stopped and went away. He looked at her going and sighed disappointedly.

• LATER ON •

Preeta was serving breakfast to everyone when karan came down. She served him too, without saying anything or glancing at him. He looked at her sadly, trying to gain her attention.

She was about to move when he called out for her.

"Tum bhi breakfast krlo na preeta" Karan said and he looked at him.

"Ha puttar! Aaja tu bhi humare saath breakfast krna! Khadi kyu h?" Rakhi said and preeta smiled fakely and nodded.

Karan thought that she will sit on the empty chair beside him, but she went and sat beside sarla and started eating without looking at him.

"Preeta! Teri aur karan ki ladai Hui h kya?" Sarla asked to preeta. This conversation will be between them only, no one else was able to hear them.

"Nhi maa! Aisa kuch nhi hua" preeta said and started eating again.

"Kisse jhooth bol rhi h? Apni maa se? Kya socha m nhi smjhugi? Maa hu teri! Sab smjhti hu" sarla said and preeta looked at her with emotion devoid eyes and nodded.

"Dekh m nhi janti jhagda kyu hua aur na hi mujhe Janna h. Par m ye dekh rhi hu ki Karan kitni koshish kr rha h tujhe manane ki, tujhse baat krne ki, par tu h ki uski taraf dekh hi nhi rhi h!" Sarla said and preeta looked at Karan who was eating. The grief, the guilt was visible on his face.