Fnaf Mysteries Solved! Part 2 (part 2)

Trigger Warnings:

Same as all the other Fnaf episodes

-pizzeria chain finally has its first real animatronic, who then haunts the player for five nights and a nightmare night, until the place burns down due to faulty wiring.  The End, take a bow, it's finally over.  Well, kind of.  We're still left with one final, seemingly impossible question to answer: Who is the Purple Guy?  After spending - I kid you not - full days plotting out all the details of this game franchise on whiteboards, talking it over with anyone who would stand to listen to me ramble on and on about fictional haunted robots, and just looking at it from every possible angle, all logic points to it being... the Phone Guy.  And no, not because I made a theory about it and refuse to let it die  Honestly, I couldn't care less if that last chapter was wrong.  At this point, I just care about the truth - and Phone Guy makes the most logical sense.  I know your complaints, and I promise you, if you stick with me, you'll be convinced.  

First.  There's the circumstantial evidence I presented during my Fnaf2 theory: Phone Guy's admitted love of Foxy being reflected by the smiling Purple Guy sprite during the "Foxy Go Go Go!" minigame, his distrust of the Puppet, a creature haunted by his first victim, that we see time and time again trying to bring a stop to his killing spree, his admitted role as a security guard, and even the weird phone like object in his hand from the "Save Them" minigame.  But there's even MORE evidence when we consider Fnaf3.  Consider this, he's the ONLY person in the game who knows about the safe rooms.  As we've mentioned before, all the safe rooms were sealed up back in the spring-lock suit days.  Back in the first Freddy Fazbear's Pizza location.  Meaning every other employee coming afterward would've never even heard of these things.  Phone Guy is the ONLY character we meet who would have ANY knowledge of these rooms.  And more importantly how they operate, how they're invisible to the cameras, and more importantly, to the animatronics.  And that's just the beginning.  He's ALSO the only person who knows how to use the spring-lock suits.  Again, once they were decommissioned, the suits were hidden away.  Regardless of whether you believe the killer was using a Golden Bonnie suit the whole time, or you think he used a Golden Freddy suit, either way, we know for a fact the killer was using one of the yellow spring-lock suits.  And Phone Guy is the only character we know who had knowledge of where they were hidden and how they were operated safely.  

Now, I know a lot of people have said that it couldn't have been Phone Guy because he knew better.  he knew that they were dangerous and could kill him, so if he was indeed the Purple Guy he wouldn't just hop into a Springtrap suit as we see depicted at the ending of Fnaf3.  BUT, there's one key detail that everyone has been overlooking, and that Scott carefully included in this game, listen.

(He then pulls up the clip of the minigame and enhances the sound so that you can hear the storm/rain going on the background)

Hear it?  There's rain.  There are puddles on the ground it's dripping from the ceiling.  The killer had been using the spring-locked suits safely for years but in his panic to escape the ghosts, he failed to notice the wetness of the building around him.  The killer had never encountered this problem before because the building had always been in a decent state of repair.  But now, it's a wreck, torn apart by age.  Rain is able to seep in.  Something he didn't realize when he was in such a hurry to run away from the ghosts.  And if moist breath can loosen the locks, you can bet some rain would make those suckers ready to snap shut.  And they do, killing our killer.  I mean, all of that makes a pretty compelling argument.  Almost an open-and-shut case... if there wasn't one final major criticism to the Phone Guy Theory since the release of Fnaf3 and it's a good one.  The fact that Phone Guy seems to die during his night 4 phone call from the first game.  

(He pulls up the clip of the Phone Guy death, but because I'm too lazy to type it out, you can look it up yourself)

If Phone Guy was the killer, why would the robots still be active after his death and the ghosts disappear?  It just wouldn't make sense... unless you stop to consider the rest of Fnaf3's endings.  The big twist in Fnaf3 is the inclusion of a good and bad ending, by completing the game normally, you get the bad ending, in which we see Purple Guy die in a flashback minigame and the whole thing ends with five masks representing the five main animatronics with lights on behind their eyes.  The good ending, meanwhile, requires using some not so subtly hidden clues to unlock minigames, then basically ignoring those games, glitching them out, and giving hidden dead kids cake to make them happy, obviously referring to the victim of Purple Guy.  Beat the game this time and the ending is largely the same but with one fewer animatronic mask and no lights on.  The obvious difference here is that in the good ending, the souls of the dead children have been put at peace.  When they disappear, they disappear for good.  They don't go back to their animatronic bodies, but the bad ending?  The lights on behind the eyes of all five masks mean that these guys are still active, angry restless spirits still haunting the robots to this day, because here's the thing, the good ending doesn't exist until you, as the player of the third installment, give cake to those kids during Fnaf3's hidden minigames.  What you play through in Fnaf1 though, is the aftermath of the bad ending.  When the animatronics have killed Phone Guy, but are still out for vengeance.  Yeah, you made it through those first five nights at Freddy's.   You overheard the death of the Purple Guy, recorded live on the phone, but it wasn't enough.  You got the bad ending.  Even with the killer crippled in the backroom in a spring-lock suit, the lights are still on in these animatronics.  They're still roaming the halls attacking anyone wearing that much-hated security guard outfit.  People like Mike Schmidt, an innocent guy just trying to do his job at a failing pizza restaurant, and as the final nail in the coffin, what Phone Guy says in his night 4 recording, perfectly foreshadows what we see in the games.  

Think about what Purple Guy does, he hides in a back room, the safe room, hides in a suit, and despite getting sprung-trapped, actually does hold out until someone checks, holds out long enough for the Phone Dude to find the hidden safe room, recover the animatronic, and set him free in Fazbear Fright.  

Exactly what the Phone Guy said he'd do in his final moments, and as Springtrap he comes back in Fnaf3, comes back like he always does.  And with no real animatronics present at Fazbear's Fright, remember Springtrap is the only real one they found, with all the rest scattered, probably located in dumps, which is why their bodies and faces are decaying.  All that the spirits can do is appear as phantoms, hallucinations.  Well, all except one: The Puppet.  Who we see in his physical form roaming the hallways of Fazbear Fright, so real in fact that we see his reflection, visible in the pools of water under his feet, meaning he is there and unburnt.  There's only way to truly end this, end the murderous Purple Guy, burning the place to the ground.  The Puppet gave robots life, gave spirits peace, and finally gave the murderer, the Phone Guy, his long-deserved death.  Or at least he tried to.  

And that is the end of the Five Nights at Freddy's story.  No hat, no movie, no fourth installment.  (You wish Matpat.  Oh boy, you wish)

But hey, that's just a theory!  A game theory!

1381 words, jeez.  Not very long since that was technically a part 2 to the last chapter.  I'm sorry this took so long to come out.  I got a new computer, so I will be trying to be so much more active for you guys.  Anyway, enjoy.  Next chapter is a Film Theory episode done about Harry Potter