Fnaf, Four Games. One Story

Trigger Warnings:

Same as all of the other fnaf chapters

Hello, internet! Welcome to Game Theory! Where it's another day, another Fnaf timeline. Don't worry, I promise this will be my final stab at putting it all together; at least until Fnaf World. Now let me start this chapter by making it very clear: I think the dream theory is indeed what Scott intended. Whereas the minigames featuring the Crying Child from Fnaf4 are real. I.e there's really a birthday party and he really gets bitten and the events of each night at Freddy's in the four games where a security guard is attacked by robots are taking place in his mind. As I said in the last chapter, the clock sounds coupled with Scott's own statements during the livestream and on Steam sold me 100% on that theory. That said, I, like a lot of you aren't 100% satisfied with that explanation. Sure, the core gameplay sequences with you as the security guard, might be in the mind of a child. But the underlying story here about a serial killer stalking the halls of the restaurant is just too detailed. Too well fleshed out... to just be a wash. Here to me are the big issues that the "Dream Theory" doesn't address.

1) The crying child is afraid of those yellow suits for a reason.

"Remember what you saw"

"You know what will happen if he catches you"

These are lines that his imaginary friend Fredbear repeats over and over. It feels a lot more sinister and real than just "Aw, this kid saw something scary and misunderstood it in the shadows".

2) The Puppet doesn't have a good explanation under Dream Theory

Clearly, the Puppet is one of the most important forces in this game but he doesn't fit into the dream model cleanly. A lot of other theorists have said it is symbolic of the boy's actions in his own dreams, but later in this chapter, I'll prove this to not be true. If anything, the boy would be the security guard in this dream, helpless and scared... not the Puppet. I'm not buying it.

3) Scott confirming Fnaf2 theory

This would be a strange move for him to go out of his way to say a chain of events was correct if it was truly meaningless.

4) Minigames as dreams-in-dreams?

Under dream theory, what? They're just... dreams within dreams...? What is this: Five Nights at Inception? And then there are plenty of little issues too, like a young child's dreams being so detailed as to include concepts that even some adults don't know. Like sister locations and accurate minimum wage rates. So I combed over everything from the past year of theorizing and I came up with the most well-supported, interesting, but also logical timeline of events telling the story of the rise and fall of Freddy Fazbears. Admittedly, there are still gaps and logical leaps, which I'll be sure to call out. Right or wrong, this is the flow of events I believe creates the most satisfying narrative for the series. So this one is dedicated to all of you guys on Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, and in the comments who have been sending me theories for months. This is my end-of-the-year present for you. Right or wrong, this box is getting opened.