Fnaf Mysteries Solved! Part 1

Trigger Warnings:

Animatronics

Gore Descriptions

In-game murders

Hello, internet! Welcome to Game Theory! Where good things, or at least fnaf things, come to those who wait. And man! When it comes to this game series, I mean, the second game came out three months after the first. The trailer for the third was two months later. And like, for minutes after that the game was available for download. So forgive me if I was caught with my pants down on that one. I just wasn't prepared for it! But even more impressive than that abbreviated timeline was your ability to rip that final game apart! Hours after the release of the game, people were discussing good versus bad endings, 8-bit atari cake, glitches through walls, and punching a FLIPPING code into CEMENT BRICKS arranged like a telephone dial pad! In regards to that last one, I have two things to say: First off, well done to you guys for figuring it out so quickly. And secondly: Scott, seriously? "Oh, look! Here's a wall! Let me just dial my phone number! Beep boop-boop beep boop-boop" WHAT?! When did we jump from a point and click horror game to Magical Fantasy? This thing is like Platform 9 3/4. I expect Harry effin Potter to apparate into Pirate's Cove or something! JEEZ! Here I was thinking that you'd plug in your numbers into, hmm, the one other place you see numbers in this game! The bonus jumpscare menu. Or, something! ANYTHING! But nope, dialing it into a wall makes SOOO much more sense!

Okay, sorry. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Now with 15 days at Freddy's under our belts, and a few overtime hours clocked in for good measure. We have ourselves a completed video game trilogy, with the third game giving us more jumpscares, more Phone Guy, and more fan! But this game also contains the final clues we need to get some closure on this game's deviously vague story. Scotty C. certainly didn't make things any easier for us; but, at this point, I think we have enough puzzle pieces scattered across the three games to assemble a fairly accurate picture of this franchise's lore. Since you guys had a... "above average" interest in this theory, I wanted to create something that answered as many questions as possible about this franchise.

But beyond just the details the question we all want an answer to is: What exactly happened in the story throughout the series? It's a pretty fundamental question to not have an answer to. And yet, despite thousands of videos, forum entries, and Tumblr posts, we still don't have a clear picture of the details. Yes, there is a child killer on the loose; the infamous Purple Guy, who has been using Fazbear Pizzarias as his hunting ground of choice for years, but going into the third game we still weren't sure about who this guy was or even how many victims he had officially taken.

Then there is the animatronics. Sure we generally understand that the killer's dead bodies have been stuffed into some of the suits and that with the help of the Puppet, the kids were able to find new life in those robotic bodies, but then... what about Shadow Freddy and Shadow Bonnie who randomly appeared in Fnaf 2 only to become prominent figures throughout Fnaf 3? How do they fit in? What about the ghostly Golden Freddy? Someone we've been talking about since the first game and yet... we still don't know anything about him. Well, now that we finally have all the facts I think its time we revisit the timeline I presented in the last episode to see what I got right, what I got wrong- you heard me, wrong -and finally fill in the missing details to create what I believe to be my definitive Five Nights theory, and boy howdy, it is a doozy. So strap in, Theorists. You wanted it, you're about to get it.

Overall, the timeline of the franchise I presented in the last chapter still holds strong: Decades before the name became a horror legend meriting its theme-park style attraction, Freddy Fazbear got a start at Fredbear Family Diner. It's here where our story begins, as Purple Guy takes his first victim. Something we see in the "Take Cake" minigame from Fnaf 2. What tells us that this is Fredbear's and the first of the timeline? Well, as I said last time, in addition to it being a small space, the only character we see is Freddy, whereas all other minigames feature multiple animatronics. He's also holding a cupcake. Since that would later become Chica's signature item, the event depicted in this game must have come BEFORE she was created. Additionally, notice that the Purple Guy's murder takes place OUTSIDE of the building. This is the ONLY time we see him murder someone outside the walls of a Fazbear building; which implies this is likely his first victim.