Bucky x y/n~𝓑𝓮𝓬𝓬𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓪𝓭 𝓫𝓸𝔂

─── ❝ FLUFF ❞ ───
[ Bucky Barnes x y/n no pronuns used ]
»»-- words: 930 --««

»»---- ♤ -----««

You run through the hallway as fast as you can before you finally stop at his door.
"Buck, Buck, Buck, babe, you will never guess what I just found." At this point, you don't knock at his door anymore, since you basically moved in there anyway.

"Hello to you too, Angel." He chuckles, obviously coming out of the shower, since his wet hair sticks to his neck, and he only wears gray sweatpants.
"There is a 24-hour shelter only a street away." You're way too excited to wait for him to guess like you first suggested he should do. "Let me guess you wanna go?" He asked watching your little enthusiastic hand movements with a great smile on his face, Yes, can we?" You answer, looking at him with your best puppy dog eyes.
"Okay, but we're only going to play and pet them, we can't get one." He shoots you a serious glance, knowing you would steal a cute animal any day. "Yeah I know, Steve and Tony don't want animals in the tower." You nod with a disappointed undertone. "Oh, and you should change." He commented imminently realizing how this sounded and clarified: "It's 2 am and therefore cold outside, here." He throws the sweater he wanted to put on a minute ago at you. "Take this one."

He grabbed another sweater out of the still-open closet before pulling it over his head, you do the same, before grabbing Bucky's hand and pulling him out of the door. Bucky was right, the slight night wind was giving you goosebumps, but you didn't mind since all you could think of were the cute animals you were about to see. It was a short walk in silence, you never let go of Bucky's hand and the two of you just enjoyed the endless lights of New York, before you spotted the small shelter with an open sign hanging in the glass door.

You noticed that Bucky tucked on his Hoodie to hide his metallic arm a bit, you knew he struggled with his arm and overall with himself, you don't get him out of the tower often, but seeing the spark in your eyes and the energetic hand gestures you were making while talking about the shelter let his worries flush away, it was night anyway.

Going in, a comfortable, warm atmosphere welcomed the two of you and your eyes lit up a bit.
"Hello, how can I help y'all?" A young woman in her 20s greeted us, with a big smile. "We would like to keep the animals a bit of company, play with them, help clean. Would that be okay?" Bucky asked, giving a small, friendly smile back at the woman. "Volunteers are always welcome, we just got a bunch of new cats who crave cuddles, follow me." Excited, you clang onto Bucky dragging him after the lady.

You enter a room full of holding sections with different animals, until the worker stops in front of one with 8 kittens and one big cat, the mother you assumed. "This is Luna and her babies, you guys can sit and play with them, it would also be great if you could clean Luna's litter box in the corner." The worker smiles again before cleaning a box opposite to you two, to still keep an eye on you.

Bucky and you sat down in the middle of the small space and waited, you didn't want to scare the cats, so you let them inspect you in their own time, one kitten was especially brave and jumped almost instantly on Bucky's thigh and cuddled against his tummy, "Awwe look Doll, she's just like you." He teased you. "He is a boy." Comes from the employee.
"Oh sorry, little dude." Bucky glanced at the kitten with a loving look.
The other cats get curious too and start to climb onto you two, one of the little ones began to press itself against Bucky's metal palm, you notice the fear which flashes through Bucky's eyes, and you put a hand on his shoulder, calming him: "Don't panic she trusts you, just keep calm." You smiled at him, and he relaxes, carefully he picked the cat up and laid it into his lap, to her brother.

When you checked the time it was already 4:45 am, together the two of you cleaned the litter box when you started: "You know love, these two little cats on your lap seemed to really like you." He picked up instantly, "No worries, I already planned on taking them with us." He started to grin as you wrapped your arms around him, plastering his face with kisses and repeating the words "thank you" and "you're the best" over and over.

You two finished up and fill out some paperwork, and you have to admit that you pulled your avenger's card to get the two kittens home.
"What should we put as names?" The worker smiles.
"How about Becca and Sad Boy?"
"Okay, I understand the Becca reference, which I appreciate, but why Sad Boy?" Bucky asked, raising a brow.
You shrug, "I just like it." a small smile formed on your lips. "Okay, Becca and Sad Boy it is." Bucky approved, turning towards the patiently waiting woman.

You finish up and get some necessities, it's almost 7 am when you arrived at the tower and all four of you were visibly tired and flopped into the beds, the two kitties stayed safe in their container.
"Thank you, Bucks."

»»---- ♤ -----««