𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉

~Nothing but You~

~Nothing but You~

She was in love. She could deny it no longer, not to herself, nor to him. She, Isabella Woodville had fallen for George Plantagenet.

In the days that followed his confession and she knew she felt the same, she often wondered if she had been more careful with her heart. Had she given it too easily? Had she let him claim her affections with no more than a second thought?

He had consumed her mind, her body, her every waking thought ever since they had first properly met on the night of the coronation. George George George, that boy was all that she could think about! The colour of his hair, of his eyes, how they would brighten when he saw her and how he would grimace comically whenever someone irritated him, his lips turning downwards like a sulky child.

He had never looked at her that way, no, whenever he looked at her it would seem it was she that had placed him under some sort of spell and not the other way around!

At night, when she closed her eyes, it was him that she saw in her dreams, his arms that wound around her body, his lips that caressed her skin, his fingers that pulled at the laces of her gown, his body that covers hers, skin warm and inviting. She found herself wishing that it was George she shared a bed with and not her little sister but she knew if that were the case she could not trust herself.

Seeing George in her bed, his dark hair spread out on the pillows, eyes staring lustily up at her, would make her lose all sense of what was right and wrong. In fact, she would not care what was right and what was wrong, all she would care about would be having George's lips against hers.

He looked at her that way the entire night of Leena's thirteenth birthday dinner.

Around the large trestle table Edward has set up in the King's chambers were the entire Woodville clan, all drinking and laughing, their golden hair shining in the candlelight. The King sat at the head of the table, Elizabeth beside him with her hands on her belly, Lord and Lady Rivers were next and then the other Woodvilles!

Anne, Anthony, Margaret, John, Mary, Lionel, Isabella, Martha, Richard, Edward, Catherine and, of course, redheaded Eleanor who was dressed in green silk and grinning from ear to ear!

She sat opposite Bella and her elder sister was sure the thirteen year old had not stopped smiling since she had awoken that morning! Truly, nothing could distract her from the joy of her birthday but there was much that could distract Bella for George was sitting right next to her.

He was often in conversation with his little redheaded companion but his eyes hardly ever left the girl beside him and it made her redden like the devil! Each time she felt his eyes upon her, she was sure she would burst into flame or one of her siblings would notice!