Chapter 5: Avengers - Loki's Interigation

Loki can be seen pacing in his rather large glass cell. He comes to an abrupt stop, a devious smile blooming on his face as he spins around.

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me." He states.

"Yeah well its Tasha, what do you expect." Tony responds snarkily.

"Damn right." Yelena adds on.

The person in question, Natasha, stands with an air of confidence and a blank look on her face. Her eyes give away nothing.

"Clever, Natalia. You kept your skills then." Alexei says with an air of proudness.

"But you figured I'd come." She retorts.

"After.. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate."

Natasha doesn't give another thought before she next speaks. "I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton."

"Straight to the point eh?" Barton mentions. Melina chuckles at this.

"She's never been one to wait has Nat. Always ready for action. Its like Christmas all over again." She responds, smiling at her girls before looking towards Alexei. "Remember the Father Christmas incident?"

"I would say I've expanded his mind."

Natasha stalks closer to the glass. "And once you've won, Once your king of the mountain, What happens to his mind?" She asks in what appears to be frustration. Loki stares.

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?" He asks, trying to get under her skin further.

"Love is for children."

"But, Miss Natasha, that must be lonely for you?" Peter speaks up for once (Hehe, sorry!).

Nat gives him a small smile, looking down at her lap. Yelena responds. "It is what we were told and brought up on. Despite leaving the Red Room, our instincts still remain. It is much like your spider ones or Wanda's sense for others around her."

Wanda smiles and nods.

"I owe him a debt." Her voice low and firm.

Loki looks smug. "Tell me," He begins as he goes to sit. Natasha follows suit.

"Before I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. I uh, I made a name for myself. I have a specific skill set."

"I didn't care who I used it for, or on." Loki looks on in amusement and cruelty.

"I got on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me..."

"Wait hold on, You were sent to kill her and you didn't follow orders? And you became friends?"

"Obviously."

"He made a different call."

Loki decides to try his bets. "And what will you do if I vow to spare him?"

"Not let you out." Nat quickly snaps.

"No... But I like this!" He responds finding it fun. "Your world in the balance and you bargain for one man?"

"Regimes fall every day, I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian; Or, I was." She replies, the last part more to herself than to anyone else.

"Your Russian?" Carol questions. "Where is your accent?"

"I have one, just like the others, I choose to hide it for safety and because I was programmed to."

"Programmed?" Yelena mutters in confusion.

Melina looks to her and whispers. "Not now дорогой (Sweetheart). But yes. Just not in the same way you were."

"And what are you now?" Loki teases.

"Its really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, Id like to wipe it out."

"Can you?"

"What is he trying to get at...?"

"Can you wipe out that much red?" Loki starts. "Dreykov's Daughter. São Paulo. The hospital fire?"

Natasha looks down in shame, in a rare moment of safety, tears prick her eyes. Lila, sensing her auntie was sad, looked up at her, arms snaked around her waist in comfort.

"I'm sorry Nat." Clint starts. "I did-" "No, its not your fault. You know that." Natasha quickly interrupts.

"Barton told me everything." He said with finality. "Your ledger is dripping, its gushing red and you think that saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?" He replies bitterly. "This is the basic sentimentality. This is a child at prayer. Pathetic! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers-" Bruce and Tony can be seen working away and then Maria is called over to a screen that says 'Virus Detected'. Fury joins her and stares in knowing concern.

"-But they are part of you. And they will never. Go. Away." Loki hits the glass in anger.

Natasha flinches.

Everyone but the Widow Family, Fury, Maria and the kids freak out.

"What the heck!"

"She flinched!"

"I'm going to kill that man!"

Thor looks up. "I would appreciate that there is no murder of my brother. I will not be happy to see him die. Again."

Natasha snickers.

"I won't touch Barton, not until I make him kill you. Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear. And them hell wake long enough just to see his work-" Natasha's face seems to be filled with fear and worry. "-and when he screams I'll split his skull!"

Natasha turns in 'pure horror' but Loki isn't done. "This is my bargain to you, you mewling quim!"

Natasha pants and sniffles. "You're a... monster." She whispers.

"D-did he really get to you that much?" Steve says quietly.

"What do you think." Nat looks back with a bored expression.

Everyone but the group that know (and children who have no idea) look confused.

Loki, leaning on the glass with one hand, smirks and chuckles. "No... You brought the monster."

Then, quite quickly, Natasha turns and looks him straight in his eyes. All emotion that had been shown had gone and all that was left was a stone-cold glare.

Dumbfounded looks spread across the room.

"So, Banner. That's your play?" "What-" Natasha leaves, speaking into her comms.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well."

She turns and pauses, looking back at Loki with a small confident smirk.

"Thank you for your cooperation."

"Damn that's hot."

(Ikr. She's so cool.)

(Songs: Save Your Tears- The Weeknd (sped, pitched up) On loop for around and hour give or take.)