Chapter 7: Black Widow - Ohio

[Ohio 1995]

The camera zooms out to display a young girl with short blue hair riding a bike down the road.

Nat smiles to herself. Would this be upsetting? Yes, but there were good memories among the bad.

Yelena pokes Nat's side. "You look like a smurf with that hair." She snickers.

"And you looked like a lion with yours." Nat playfully whispers back.

In the background children are heard chatting. Two girls and a boy on a tire swing are then shown as the young girl rides past them.

"Hey Nat!" One of the girls calls out waving.

"That's you?!" "Why do you have blue hair?" "You look so cute."

Nat ducked her head whilst Clint watched the chaos and laughed.

The blue haired girl waves back.

"No but seriously, why do you have blue hair?" Tony asked.

"It was my way of rebelling." She said simply.

"Wha- how?"

MJ speaks up. "People who dye their hair are easier to find. Therefore, if Miss Romanoff was as smart as she seems she most likely did it to try and protect herself."

Natasha just nodded.

Young Nat rides up her driveway and sets her bike by the front of her house. She walks around the back whistling two long notes. Another whistle can be heard in the distance.

A young blonde girl can be see on the swing set, quickly hopping off to do a backbend. Little Natasha does the same.

"We're both upside down." Young Yelena calls out.

"Aww that's sweet." Pepper smiles.

"And I bet you're gonna fall down first!" Young Nat challenges.

"Always the competitive one." Fury remarks.

Maria laughs "You should see Natasha and May's prank wars during April Fools two years ago!"

"No you will!" Young Yelena argues. Her little arms wobble showing the struggle as she continues to keep her position. "You can't hold it much longer!"

Young Natasha giggles and pulls a funny face, causing Young Yelena to giggle and fall.

"Cheater!" Yelena exclaims. "You cheated!"

"Children, Children." Melina mutters.

Yelena Slumps in her seat defeated.

"Told you you'd fall down first." Young Natasha shouts competitively. She gets up and runs around the playground with Young Yelena not far behind her.

"I told you! I told you! Told you so!"

Young Yelena, in her haste to catch up to young Natasha trips over and cuts her knee.

"Mommy!" She yells, sobbing.

Young Natasha's face shows worry as she runs over and hugs Young Yelena in comfort whilst checking her knee.

A Young Woman, Melina, jogs over to check on them. "What happened?"

Natasha responds. "She fell on her knee." Young Nat then gets up and out of the way, wondering over to the swing.

"What great support Nat." Steve says sarcastically.

"Hey, in my defence I wasn't raised to care for anyone but myself."