Chapter Twenty One || 화 21

When Taehyung was busy getting his photos clicked and meeting his new co-workers in the conference hall, Jungkook messaged Solar to send Taehyung to his cabin. Jungkook stood up from his seat, closed one of his coat buttons and made his way to his cold, gloomy office room.

Solar and Taehyung were busy meeting the Advertisement and Photography Department [Pls: Idk from where this department came from lol.] Taehyung found the Woonga squad to be interesting and he was sure he would become their friend in no time. He was busy conversing with Park Seo Joon, one of members of 'Woonga squad' when Solar nudged his elbow. Taehyung apologised to Seo Joon, then turned to Solar with a look that said, 'What now!' he was angry at her for not telling him about the not so secret press conference. She sheepishly smiled and spoke, "Mr. Jeon is calling you in his cabin like right now! Hurry don't keep him waiting,'' she shivered a little when she imagined an angry Mr. Jeon.

Taehyung balled his fist in anger, 'What the hell does he want now?' he thought while excusing himself from the gathering and walking out of the conference hall, reluctantly making his way to the devil's lair. He was a little afraid to enter the office room alone. The events of the last Saturday replayed in his head. But gathering enough confidence and courage, Taehyung ringed the bell to ask for his permission to enter.

Jungkook was resting his head on the backrest of his big leather office chair humming a song when a ding from the office door pulled him out of his relaxed state. He groaned in annoyance but then got excited when he thought who it could be. He quickly sat upright and answered a cold "come in!"

Taehyung poked his headfirst and body second. His reluctance to enter clearly visible to Jungkook. Jungk00k chuckled in his mind at the younger's cute action. Taehyung then muster some strength and stood right in front of Jungkook's huge Mahogany desk. He turned his head in all direction like was looking for something. Jungkook noticed the odd behavior and inquired, "What happened Mr. Kim. Are you looking for something?" Taehyung shock his head in denial and thought, 'Making sure there are no walls behind me, for you to pin me to!' Instead spoke, "Nothing Mr. Jeon, Is something wrong that you called me for?"

Taehyung literally forced himself to speak professionally to maintain his 'nonchalant' act like he decided earlier. Jungkook hummed, got up from his chair, came in front of his desk and sat on the edge of it facing a confused Taehyung.

Taehyung was quick to take a few steps backwards maintaining a safe distance between them. Taehyung was focused on not letting his guard down after what happened last time. Suddenly, Jungkook started applauding slowly, almost like he was mocking, Taehyung wasn't sure what the claps meant.

Taehyung raised a brow at this strange and sudden action of the older. With mock amusement in his voice, Jungkook spoke," Mr. Kim I must say you are one hell of a smart guy! Considering this as your first time hosting a press conference, I must say, I'm very much impressed and pleased..." Jungkook ended his sentence with his signature annoying yet charming smirk.

Taehyung balled his fist and gritted his teeth, yet he professionally spoke, "Mr. Jeon no need to praise me, it's all thanks to you, after all you were the one who put me in front of the wolves, unprepared." Jungkook couldn't hold in his laughter he stood up and laughed hard. Taehyung stared at him dumbfounded, did he crack a joke that made the older laugh so hard. Well whatever, the devil did look nice while laughing, he couldn't help the little smile form on his lips.

Jung Kook stopped laughing and with a bunny smile he spoke," No.... No... don't give me all the credit. You yourself weren't bad either. Now.... don't be angry Mr. Kim after all we're colleagues, well---- for a while." Jungkook straighten his posture and again sat on the edge of the desk. Taehyung who was back to lies Stoic, 'professional' expression signed mentally in relief, at least the older wasn't coming close to him.