The Kunai and the Scroll

'Raiton: Amigumo (Lightning Style: Spider Web)!' Shinga yelled, bright markings expanding from the ground he was standing on.

The blazing blue seal-like strokes heading towards him, Naruto jumped backwards, forming a Kage Bunshin to test the waters of Shinga's ninjutsu. 'Crap! Touching one of those gets me captured!'

The exposed as well as occupied Naruto sidestepping the strands of his "spider web", Shinga resumed preparation for a second technique, hand seals appearing for a split second before transforming into another hand seal using his fingers. 'Raiton: Sandaboruto (Lightning Style: Thunderbolt)!'

Lightning chakra emitted from both of Shinga's palms, many bolts of lightning rocketed towards the Uzumaki, pressuring the blond to focus on the larger scale attack.

'Futon: Daitoppa (Wind Style: Great Breakthrough)!' Naruto screamed, blowing out a strong gust of wind that extinguished the lightning bolts headed towards him.

'Katon: Endan (Fire Style: Flame Bomb)!' Shinga expelled a fireball at Naruto, the fire absorbing the wind that Naruto had previously used to counter his lightning.

'Suiton: Suijinheki (Water Style: Water Wall)!' Naruto conjured as much water as he could and formed a solid barrier, absorbing Shinga's counterattack. Beaming, a few clones of Naruto materialised in front of him.

'Doton: Tobi Tsubute (Earth Style: Flying Stones)!' Shinga once again slammed his hands onto the ground, as he had done to separate the three members of Team 7, but this time, instead of the ground trembling with fear, sharp rocks were send hurtling towards the blond.

'Damn it!' Naruto cursed, sending his fingers into a barrage of hand seals. 'Doton: Kengan no Jutsu (Earth Style: Stone Fist)!'

Immediately, all three copies of Naruto shrouded their fists in rock, hardening their knuckles to try and deal extra damage close up.

'Raigeki (Lightning Attack)!' Shinga roared, sending a sharp and concentrated lightning bolt towards Naruto's main body. Along the way, the laser blast obliterated Naruto's three clones, stopping them from doing any real damage.

Naruto bolted out of the way. Unfortunately, the laser beam hit a cactus plant behind the Uzumaki, burning it to a crisp before redirecting at Naruto.

'Futon: Daitoppa!' Naruto repeated an earlier attack, only for it to be highly ineffective against the large-scale offensive attack that Shinga had used against him. 'Futon: Atsugai (Wind Style: Pressure Damage)!'

The equally powerful wind attack finally stopped the lightning, the onslaught that both attacks had wrought upon the landscape heavy.

'Not bad, but you're going down!' Shinga grinned sadistically, preparations for his next attack complete. 'Katon: Karyu Endan (Fire Style: Dragon Flame Bombs)!'

'Suiton: Suidan no Jutsu (Water Style: Water Bomb)!' Naruto countered, sending a blast of water at the fire dragons that Shinga was sending at him. The water managed to drown out one of the dragons, before the three other fire creatures collided with his back and waist. 'Ow!'

'Raiton: Amegumi!' Once again, Shinga attempted to ensnare Naruto in his lightning web, taking advantage of the fact that Naruto had taken damage from his last attack.

'Futon: Daitoppa!' Not taking any risks, Naruto used his wind chakra to attempt and disable Shinga's magnetic net, trying his absolute best to avoid capture. Naruto swiftly created a Kage Bunshin, which performed the Shunshin (Body Flicker) immediately, the clone teleporting behind his enemy.

'Doton: Kengan no Jutsu!' Naruto's clone hollered, his fist coming close to Shinga's skull.

The former Leaf-shinobi spun around, catching the stone fist with one hand. Shinga's palm crackled with lightning chakra, disabling the attack and crumbling the rock to bits. 'Raiton: Sandaboruto.'