TWENTY-EIGHT

Abuse

Abuse

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

*6 years ago
Chance was 15, and Denver was 12.

♢ ♢ ♢

"Come on man, stay" A guy on my football team said as I started making my way out.

We had just won another one of our games, one of the seniors on the team invited everyone back to his house to celebrate.

"Nah" I replied, I waned to go home to my younger sister just in case my drunken father decided to randomly show up after leaving for a solid month.

After my game I drove Denver home and headed to the party, despite all her protests of wanting to come with me.

It was a high school party, there was no way I was gonna let my baby sister around all these drunk douche-bags.

After spending an hour at the party I started getting bored and decided to head out.

My sister was probably at home watching tv and or doing some homework.

I've been texting Denver all night wanting to make sure she was ok.

"Alright then, see you later man" Sebastian, the team captain said.

I slightly nodded my head and walked out the front door to my car parked in the drive way.

Although I may only be 15 I still drive a car, technically it's not legal but I couldn't give less of a shit; with my father almost never being around Denver and I need a ride to get to places. I bought a broken down car from an old shitty mechanic shop and spend my days fixing it up in order to be able to drive my sister and I around the city.

It may be a shitty car but it does the job.

Denny doesn't like to idea of me potentially getting pulled over by the cops and getting in trouble, she suggested just taking the bus to get around town but because of our different schedules I wouldn't always be able to ride the bus with her, and I'm not letting my little sister get on public transit without me; there are some sick fuckers out there, and when it comes to Denver I would any and everything to protect her from any sort of danger.