|4|

"I know what yo lil boyfriend do for a living. I should've known. Bitch I know a dope boy when I see one." Toya says flat ironing her hair.

Imani shushes her before looking around the dressing room. "You loud as fuck. I ain't tryna have people in my bidness T."

"My bad." She says.

"And Rico ain't my nigga." Imani says. "And if he is it really ain't my business."

"I asked around bout him. Girl he basically run the city. Nigga mad paid."

"Hmm." Imani says. "Well good for him. I mean me and Rico been fucking round all of five minutes. Ion really know him like that. And you can't believe everything you hear no way." She rolls her eyes.

Drugs weren't the only way to make money but then again, he was a young nigga who definitely had bread. The jewelry, flashy car, clothes, shoes, money? Maybe he was living that life. To what extent? That she wasn't so sure about. But it wasn't her business. She was sure he'd tell her when he was ready if at all. And he didn't? Oh well. The less she knew the better.

Imani had her own shit to be worried about.

"So what he been talking about? Does Jade even know about him?"

"I ain't gotta tell Jade delusional ass about every move I make. Besides this thing between me and Rico ain't even serious. He drop dick off whenever I want it and he go bout his business. That's it." Imani shrugs fixing her hair in the mirror.

"You sure that all it is?"

"Ain't that what I said?"

Toya rolls her eyes. "Yeah okay."

Imani and Rico spent more time on the phone and texting than together. Only time he came over was during the weekend or whenever Imani had free time during the week. Rico knew about King but had yet to meet him. And he wasn't...

Imani wasn't ready for all that yet. She wasn't bringing just anybody around her baby until she knew that things were for sure.

"Yo Mercedes there's somebody I want you to meet."

Imani looks through the mirror to see her boss, Kash leading a new girl into the dressing room. Imani turns around in her chair to find a short, light skin girl standing behind Kash. She'd never seen her around before but she was definitely pretty.

 She'd never seen her around before but she was definitely pretty

"India this Mercedes. Mercedes this is India, the new girl." Kash says introducing the two.

Imani takes note of Kash's hand resting comfortably low on India's back but decided not to say anything.

She shakes her head at him before standing up.

"It's nice to meet you India. But Cedes is fine tho. This my homegirl T." Imani says introducing India to Toya.

India takes Toya's hand and shakes it.

"India these are my best girls. They gon take care of you. Aight?"