|3|

(⚠️ Warning: Chapter contains sexual content. ⚠️)

Imani sighed as she watched people walk back and forth throughout the mall. It was another boring day at work and she was definitely ready to go home. She glanced at her watch reminding herself that he had only about an hour before it was time for her to clock out.

She makes her way from behind the counter and into the mirror in the middle of the store. She runs her hand through her silky straight hair as she looks herself over.

She was in her Champs uniform shirt, black cargos, with a fresh pair of breds on her feet.

When Imani wasn't at the club on the weekends, she was working part-time at the mall. Maverick paid way more but this was something that kept her busy during the week. Imani was a bit of a sneaker head and she figured a little extra money on the side wouldn't hurt.

Imani flips her hair over her shoulder before walking around the store. Things were kind of slow today so she was trying to her best to look busy. If she had nothing to do her manager would surely find something for her.

The was a ding, letting the workers know that there was a customer entering the store.

"Welcome to Champs. Let me know if you need anything." She hears her coworker say.

Imani continues to walk around the store, tidying up here and there. She doesn't bother to pay attention to anything else.

"You need anything?"

"Yea but I want her to help me." She heard a familiar say from behind her.

Imani whirls around to find Rico standing across the store with a shoe in his hand. Her coworker walks away giving her the side eye as she returns back to the register. Imani rolls her eyes before making her way to Rico who was also accompanied by the same guys she'd seen at the club.

"What's good Mercedes?" Rico smiled.

"You see Mercedes on this name tag?" Imani questions. "Ion think so."

"Damn you ain't gotta get all smot on me. I was just fooling."

"Yeah whatever. What size you need?"

"Eleven."

She nods before turning around and walking away from him. Rico stared at her as she walked away, eventually disappearing into the back of the store. Imani quickly finds the shoe Rico was looking for before returning with the box in her hands.

"You work here too? Why the mall?"

She shrugs handing him the box. "Just a side hustle. Some to keep me busy during the week." She says.

Rico nods retrieving the shoe from the box before trying it on. Imani leaves momentarily to help another customer.

Rico was surprised to find Imani working at the mall of all places. He guessed that he definitely had a lot more to learn about this girl than he thought. It had been a few weeks since he'd last seen Imani at Maverick. They'd text here and there but not much.

Imani eventually returns to help Rico. He and his friends decided to buy a couple of shoes while they were in the store. Imani rung up the eight pairs of shoes on the counter before bagging them.

"Your total is $987.56." She says.

Rico retrieved his wallet and a pulled out a stack of crisp hundreds before handing it to her. She rings him up quickly before giving him the change back and his receipt.

Rico leans against the counter and looked Imani in her eyes. She tried her best to hide the smile that was slowly but surely becoming visible. He was so cute. She just couldn't help herself.