Chapter 23

Ignore mistakes if any...
comments will be appreciated...

........................

Nandini huffed as she looked at her husband and her son who were not letting her move her feet as they stopped outside their home...

Nandini: I can walk on my own, manik!

But it seems her husband have turned deaf as he picked her up in his arms with mann holding her files and medicines... she looked at the door wrapping her arms around manik's neck to see her other son with his wife and daughter were standing at the door...

Nandini passed them a smile on which avni shirked happily in her father's arms... they entered inside and Manik started to take her upstairs on which nandini literally shouted at him...

Nandini: manik malhotra i am not going to stay on the bed whole day! I am going to the living room!

Manik looked at her for a few second before taking her to their room making nandin glare at him being in his arms... manik placed her on her bed with others too came there... Aayush sat beside nandini who had rested her back with the headrest and asked her...

Aayush: u okay?

Nandini nodded her head and looked at avni who was looking at nandini waiting for her to pick her up.... so she pulled out her arms for avni who laughed and getting uo from her father's lap sat in nandini's lap hugging her placing her head on nandini's chest... nandini smiled hugging her close and kissing her head... while everyone looked to the duo with a smile and then Ridhima stood up saying...

Ridhima: main apka khana ly ky ati hun!

And she was about to get up when mann spoke...

Mann: you too need rest bhabhi! Stay here we will do it!

Saying so he walked out while Ridhima pouted at his husband who chuckled and made her sit on the couch in manan's room... and then spoke...

Aayush: enjoy the chivalry!

Saying so he walked out too while manik kept looking at nandini's medicine making her groan and at last she spoke out loudly at him...

Nandini: Mr. Malhotra baar baar dekhny sy medicine change nhi ho jani! And i am a doctor not you!

Nandini glared at him on which manik rolled his eyes at her making Ridhima chuckle as she pulled her legs up on the couch... manik walked to nandini and sitting beside her kissed avni's cheek saying...

Manik: princess your grany is scary!

And he received a slap on his shoulder by nandini but he smiled and looking at his wife kissed her forehead mumbling...

Manik: I Love You!

Nandini smiled listening to him before he walked out leaving nandini and Ridhima in the room with avni who was busy in talks about doctors, prescriptions and don't know what!

........................

Nandini was having her soup made by her husband when the door of her room got opened with a bang and she with everyone else looked at the person to see naira coming inside with worried face and behind her was Richard and mahi...

Naira came to nandini and sitting beside her held her hand asking her with tears...

Naira: kya hua tha apko? Or mujhy itni late ku bataya?

She asked the later part from others who shared a look.... nandini squeezed her hand gaining her attention and told her...

Nandini: nothing happened to me bacha! I am fine! Just heartbeat got low and then the sugar level also dropped making me faint! And see now i am all fine!

Naira just let out her tears before hugging her mother and threatened her...

Naira: never do this to me! I will be angry on you!

Nandini chuckled and pulling back kissed her forehead saying...

Nandini: sorry!

Naira nodded in no kissing nandini's hand... when finally mahi and Avni had enough and the duo literally shouted to get attention which they get and the elders got busy with the kids who just wanted everything to themselves....

........................

Manik scratched his forehead sitting on the bed and looking at the file when a small knock came and he looked at nandini who was sleeping peacefully due to the medicines and then spoke slowly...

Manik: come in!

They door got opened and Aayush came inside.... he looked at his mother and then at manik who was looking at him only... so Aayush walked to him and sitting on the bed looked at the file...

Aayush: dad stay with mom! She is not fine and I don't want you to take all the burden on your shoulders! Let me deal with this file!

Manik opened his mouth to say something when Aayush held his hand and spoke...

Aayush: i am not asking you to back out! Be with me! But let me do this! I promise if anything happens i will let you know!

Manik: i will not let that situation come that there will be chances to anything happening to you!

Aayush smiled and continued...

Aayush: please let me! I don't know why you are pushing me away from this project! But i want to help you! You don't have to do everything on your own! I am here for you! Let me be your pillar!

Manik felt proud listening to his son who seems to big with those words and he smiled saying...

Manik: you know you are sounding like a father of 6!

Aayush chuckled and said...

Aayush: well not 6! But yea of 2!

Manik smiled and asked him...

Manik: you know you are the best father!

Aayush smiled even more than his father and told him....

Aayush: you are the best father to us! And just trying to put my feet in your shoes!

Manik patted his shoulder telling him...

Manik: you are way too good in that!
Aayush: it feels surreal! I am a father! Like it feels way to different to have avni in my arms and thinking about other one who is on the way! It feels so complete!

Manik smiled nodding his head as he told Aayush...

Manik: i can feel you! When i held you and nia in my arms i just wanted to cry out loud and shout to the world that i am a father that feeling is something that is still there in my heart, you two have been my proud with that little stupid brother of yours!

Aayush laughed with manik and for a few moments both stayed silent before Aayush stood up and took the file from manik who huffed but then gave the file to Aayush.... Aayush smiled at him and glanced at his mother and move his gaze back to is father asked him...

Aayush: now sleep! I will see to it! Just be with mama! You need it more than she do!

Manik rolled his eyes with a smile and soon Aayush walked out of the room and manik sighed before laying on his side of the bed and snaking his arms around nandini's waist pulled her to him and buzzed her forehead with a feather kiss and soon enough joined her in the dreamland........

.........................

The talk between the father and son!
How was it!
Aayush dealing with Harshad's son!
Will anything bad happen?
Or manik will save his family?
Do let me know in the comments!

#OkThanksBye