Chapter 1

It's been a few weeks since Skylar got out of the hospital and she's now back in school for the first time in two months,at lunch she goes out to the courtyard and to the back out of view to get a few minutes to herself,but she only gets a few seconds,a girl she knows as Dawson runs around the corner with a strange device in her hand,it's a slim silver stick with a black tip "What's that?" Skylar asks,Dawson jumps "Oh,hey Skylar,it's a vape pen" Skylar opens her mouth to ask what a vape pen is then stops and thinks back to something her dad said.

"These are called vape pens and these are cigarettes,they contain nicotine and tobacco and are very bad for you,they can give you lung cancer,don't ever use them like I do,because I want you to be healthy" Dawson holds the vape pen out to Skylar "Want to try it?" Skylar wrongs her hands as she says "My daddy told me they're bad" Dawson scoffs "They're not bad,look this one is apple flavored" Skylar looks down at the vape pen with concern.

She hesitates then grabs it,Dawson walks her through how to use it then leaves her to enjoy it,Skylar becomes addicted immediately,when the bell rings she shoves it in her pocket and runs to get to class,one won't hurt she thinks,and daddy doesn't have to know,I'm just gonna have this one and then I'll never do it again she thinks,but little does she know,addiction is no joke.