Chapter 2

Over the next few days Skylar uses the vape pen whenever she gets the chance,she gets a fix before the bell rings at lunch and gets a few while her parents are asleep and when she's alone for a few seconds,she hides the pen under the dresser and last night she found the pen was empty,she buried it under a plate in the trash can and though nothing of it,but only for a few minutes,soon she's frantically looking around and wringing her hands,I need more she thinks,I need more.

Skylar can't stand still as she waits for Dawson behind the school,she breathes a sigh of relief as she finally rounds the corner "Hey,you said you wanted to talk" she starts "Yeah,do you have anymore of those vape pens?" Skylar asks eyes wide "I have a couple" Dawson jumps when Skylar quickly asks "Do you have the apple one!?" Dawson nods and hands the vape to Skylar who quickly takes a hit.

Later that night Skylar's head is in the clouds,she needs her fix,she quickly stands in the middle of the game and says "I have to go to the bathroom" Jenny looks up at her as she says "You want me to come with you?" Skylar shakes her head "No I'm fine,I'll be back soon" she runs to the bedroom and quickly grabs the vape under the dresser,she takes a long drag then sighs in relief,she becomes panicked when she hears heavy footsteps approaching the door,she quickly throws the pen under the dresser and runs to the bathroom.

She pulls down her pants and sits on the toilet just as the door opens and Jenny walks in,she enters the bathroom and gets down so she's eye level with Skylar "You ok kiddo? You've been acting strange lately" Skylar nods "I'm fine,it's just all the drinks and the stress of school,I have a lot to catch up on" Jenny slowly nods "Don't run yourself into the ground,if you need help make sure you ask" Skylar nods,Jenny stands and ruffles her hair then walks out,that was too close she thinks.