Chapter 7: River

Chapter 7: River
The frozen river was now had nearly any ice." We need to cross now!" Peter said
"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked.
"I'm not that fast, dear," Beaver answered.
"Come on!" Peter said
"Wait! Will you think about this for a minute?" she said.
"We don't have a minute!" I said.
"I'm just trying to be realistic," she said
"No, you're trying to be smart. As usual," Peter said then walked away. I followed but stopped when I heard howling. Then I started to hurry up. I was going to step but Peter dragged me back.
"Wait maybe I should go first," Beaver said. I nodded. Then he took a step out onto the ice and tapping it with his tail sometimes.
"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs Beaver asked when the cracks started to appear.
"We'll you never know which meal is going to be your last!" he answered. "Especially with you cooking."
I followed Mrs Beaver out onto ice with her.
"Oh, no!" Lucy cried out. I looked up. The wolves are here. I started to run as Peter screamed "RUN!"
We didn't make it. A wolf came down and blocked the way forward, and another was behind us. We're trapped! Beaver was held down by another wolf I screamed at the sight and Peter pointed his sword at the Leader wolf. "Put that down, boy," the wolf said. "Someone could get hurt."
"And that would be you!" I spat.
"You might want to have your girlfriend be quiet." he said.
"Don't worry about me Sydney! Run him though!" Beaver cried out.
"Sydney? oh it's been a while."
"Stay away from her!" Peter yelled
"Leave now when you can, and your brother leaves with you," the wolf continued, they backed away as he got closer I held my ground till I got pulled back.
"Stop Peter! Maybe we should listen to him!" she cried out. The wolf chuckled.
"Smart girl, this isn't your war. All my queen wants is for you to take your family and go, but the Queen." he said.
"Look, just because some man in a red coat hand you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it" Susan yelled.
"No, Peter! Narnia needs you!" Beaver shouted while struggling. "Get him while you have the chance"
"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river." I heard breaking noises I looked up to see the waterfall breaking.
"Peter!" Lucy shouted holding onto his coat. Then Peter dropped his sword looking for a way out I couldn't see one.
"Hold onto me!" Peter shouted before sticking his sword into the ice. They all held onto Peter I want fast enough and didn't get ahold of him so I fell though the ice. It was so cold I finally fought my way to the surface. when I made it to the top I gasped for air. I saw them on the surface I tried to scream but nothing cam out. Then I saw Peter freak out. Screaming my name then he made eye contact with me. Right before I went under and the darkness consumed me. Then I felt arms go around me. Then I could breathe again when I woke up I saw black spots in my vision. Then there was Peter above me he was gasping for air. Then I got up he grabbed me so fast I didn't have any time to react but hugged me so close then I hugged him back "Don't ever do that again" he said.
"I'm sorry." I replied then we pulled away. He looked me straight in the eyes his eyes were so pretty the were an amazing color of blue. I noticed that we were leaning in till we got interrupted.
"I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore," Mrs Beaver said. Then I started to look where she was looking. The trees were becoming colorful and the snow was melting as we walked forward. We decided to ditch our coats. Now it was getting quite warm I loved it. Now I was wearing a white blouse and a black skirt.