Chapter 6

I woke up this morning looking like a mess, don't I always anyways my cheeks were stained with tears and I had bags under my eyes. I know I slept all day yesterday and all night but I was so tired. I quickly did my morning routine and went down to get some breakfast. I didn't really feel like meeting up with Lizzy this morning, so I went right to school.

I went to my locker to get my stuff for my first class, which I had with Hunter. Next to my locker I saw a sad looking Lizzy. "Hey" I said with fake cheer in my voice I was not happy and I only felt stressed. Lizzy didn't answer and looked down at the floor, I got to my locker and opened it up." What's wrong Tessie " she said with a sad puppy dog look on her face. I shrugged and put a fake smile on my face "nothing" I said walking away from her not wanting to talk any longer, she didn't push it and walked away from my locker, a second later the bell rang.

I walked into my first class with Hunter and I didn't see him at the back, weird he's not here today he seemed fine to me when I saw him yesterday. I sat at my usual seat and started taking notes from the board, the teacher started to talk about something but I was oblivious to about everything around me. I sighed and looked out the window to my left. I thought of why he didn't come today I was sure it wasn't cause he was sick, he could have ditched class or maybe he had family problems. I didn't want to think about it any longer and then the bell rang for next class. I stood up right away and left the class this period I had a free period.

I went to our lunch spot on the grass under the tree for some shade and just sat there to think. Maybe he wasn't here because of what happened yesterday when I left and he became so unattached. It was happening all over again he was shutting me out.

Suddenly I saw him walking across the baseball field we had outside and I got to my feet and ran to him. "Hey " I said walking beside him looking down on the ground kicking the little rocks. "Hey" he said with no emotion in his voice and on his face, what was he feeling right now. "You weren't in science " I asked looking at the side of his face now. He shrugged and we continued to walk. "You can borrow my notes if you want?" I asked looking at him with sympathy. He shrugged again then stopped and looked at me straight in the eye he smiled "wanna come to my place after school" he said with a smirk on his face but also looking quite serious. I was shocked at his sudden happiness, I hummed in response and nodded while smiling and looking deep into his eyes as if to find something, but nothing he turned around and started walking again looking at his feet. " I got to go to a class" he said, and took my silence as a response. Did he seem bipolar or was it just me. I laughed to myself and walked off back inside to get ready for class.

The day went by fast and me and Hunter had lunch together today but we didn't talk, we just ate in silence. It was the end of the day soon and I was heading out my house to walk to Hunter's when I came down the stairs the bell rang, so I went to get it. To my udder surprise I saw Hunter there standing with flowers in his hands. "Hey if u don't mind I wanted to pick you up, and I got flowers" he said with his checks tinted red, handing me the flowers. I just smiled and took the flowers."Be right back" I said walking over to the kitchen and putting the flowers into a vase. I came back to him and noticed how he looked he wore blue jeans a baby blue v-neck and a grey over sized sweat shirt, I think I was staring for to long cause the he cleared his throat "want to go" he said while smirking. "Hmm" I hummed in response blushing with my cheeks burning hot.

We got outside and I didn't realize how cold it was until I started to shiver and I forgot to bring my sweater. He took his sweater off and I didn't understand what he was doing until he put it over my shoulders and gave me a wink. I smiled back and put my arms through the arm holes. Hunter was a year older than me so he had a car, our birthdays passed so I was now fifteen and he was sixteen and old enough to drive.

We hopped into his car and he drove off to his place it was a much shorter ride in the car the ride was silent and no one spoke a word. We were now at his house and he opened up the door for me and walked in after I did. He smiled looking into my eyes "hungry?" He asked. "Yep I'm starving" I said rubbing my belly exaggerating just a bit. We walked over to his couch and he sat down and patted the spot next to him. I sat down looking deep into his eyes "you'll have to wait until my mom comes home " he said winking "she said she wanted to meet you and that she would make dinner" he said continuing his previous statement. "Diner with your parents already huh" I asked looking a bit smug. He shrugged and took my legs and put them down on his lap. I didn't fight it and let him do what he was doing.

He started to massage my thighs and I was burning hot. "Hunter?" I asked calling out his name with my voice shaky. He hummed in response and them stopped massaging my legs and looked up into my eyes."Are you alright?" I asked wondering if there was something wrong, especially with the way he was acting. He ignored the question and looked back down at my legs that were bare in shorts since it's now April, I now realized how fast the year passed by. I didn't push about my question cause I thought it might have been a soft spot for him. I put my legs down and sat closer to him in his arms, was it just me or did he smell really good.