Chapter 2

¨Must be mental.¨ A bystander whispered to his companion. Genesis continued to run. She had no time for insults. She was used to it, because she faced the same treatment as a child. As she met with the monsters again, Amber carried Nova and Valentine, and laid them into the duffle bag. The two rainbow runners rubbed against each other and burrowed in the clothes. As Amber was about to zip the bag up, two more rainbow runners came sprinting over.
¨Please! Please let us go with you!¨, they cried.
Genesis looked at the bag, and then back at the rabbits. There was only room for one more.
She picked up one of them and placed it in the bag, and the leftover rabbit looked up at her. It sniffed and whined. Genesis picked it up and carefully stuffed it into her sweatshirt, with its head popping out of the neck hole. Amber escorted Zita and Zhen to the car and helped them in. Genesis picked up the duffle bag, and took hold of Ricos paw. Zita and Zhen were cramped together in the back of the car, while Amber was sitting in the passenger seat with the duffle bag in her lap. Rico jumped onto the top of the car and held on again. Before Genesis got into the car, she called out to the remaining monsters.
¨We will come back. I promise! Just give us some time.” Almost every human visiting the cemetery gave her a weird look. Genesis started the car, turned on the heater, and merged onto the streets, making their way to Amber’s mansion.

“I wonder why they are in such a hurry.” A little girl laughed to herself. She wore a purple long sleeve button up shirt, with a knee high black skirt. Underneath, she had thigh high whites socks, and black shiny buckle up shoes. Her silver hair waved in the wind, and her grey eyes examined the grounds. Her mouth extended to her ears, as if they had been cut open. She skipped along the graves, stepping on each bouquet of flowers that was placed down. Her little eyes saw a batch of exiles hiding under the bushes.
“How very sweet of them. I haven't eaten in a while,” She said in a sing-songy voice. She quietly approached the bush, and grabbed one of the monsters. The remaining exiles froze for a second, and then quickly escaped.
“No! Please, don't leave me! C-come back!” The poor monster cried. It was small, grey, and furry, with two horns sticking out of its head, and a row of them sticking out of his spine. His one eye circled rapidly, looking for an escape, and it trashed its arms around. The little girl giggled as her mouth opened wide.