Chapter 1

"Hey. Hey. Hey! A strange person is at the door!" Rico mewed from behind the door.
"Then tell em to come in." Genesis sighed as she turned to her other side.
"Oh gee, wish I could, but I don't think they would like to be blessed with the ability to see monsters."
Genesis jolted up from the bed, and opened the door.
"What do you mean? I thought only I could see you?"
"No, whoever comes into this house can see us. As soon as someone enters the space where the flag is hung can now see all the exi-"
"Crap!"
Genesis bolted to the door to see who it was. (While also tripping over Hilda who was for some reason laying in the hall.) A young lady, about 26, stood at the door. She wore a navy blue dress jacket, and knee length skirt to match. She had curly long hair that was tied back into a low ponytail, heavy eye makeup, and pinkish-purple lipstick. In her hands, she was carrying some type of container. Through the peephole, Genesis rolled her eyes and sighed. Great, It was one of her co-workers.
"Oh Genesis? Is that you? I heard you, darling!"
"Son of a… Yes, Amber, I'm here. I'm just sick, and because I care deeply about you, I will not open the door." She forced a cough.
"Oh! How fortunate, I have my mask with me, no need to worry darling."
Genesis looked up at Rico. He also looked through the peephole, turned around, and gagged.
"Look, Gene, darling, I have cookies!"
"Hold on! I think I'm going to throw up. Be right back!"
Genesis plopped on the couch and sighed.
"How do I get her to go away?" she sighed.
Zhen and Hilda came in from her backyard.
"T-theres orange b-balls hanging f-from the tree!"
Genesis got an idea. Yes, it involved the exiled trio.
"Hilda? Zhen? Rico? Could you do me a favor? Just this once." She asked in her sweetest voice. Rico's tail swished, Zhen turned yellow, and Hilda hovered a little closer. Clearly they were interested.
"I need you to scare this lady away. No one will believe her when she tells them what she saw."
"Well, I suppose. Anything to get her off my territory." Rico purred. Genesis grinned and got up from the couch. She looked through the peephole to make sure Amber was still there.
"Amber? Where are my manners? Come in!" She smiled as she opened the door. The young lady walked through the door and stopped frozen in her tracks. Amber gazed upon the exiles and gasped. Rico crossed his arms, Hilda mumbled and stuttered, and Zhen smiled with joy.
"I know you. I've seen you before!" Amber pointed to Hilda as she dug wildly in her skirt pocket. Amber grabbed Genesis by the shoulders, phone in hand, and shook her.
"Your client! David Byun! He drew photos of that hovering ball thing! But why? Why is it in your house?"
"David? H-he saw Hilda?"
"It has a name?"
"Yes, it does. But, how does David know about her?"
"Why are they in your house?"
"Answer my question!" Genesis barked. Amber swiped rapidly on her phone, while the trio looked in amusement. Amber revealed a video of David, and it was titled "Byun-576". David was cuffed to a table and he stared directly into the camera. Another man was also in the room with David. He spoke calmly but firmly.
¨David Byun. You have been arrested for the murder of Lilly Harris and Hannah Dochi. You have also been arrested for the robbery of the downtown mall. Reports say you were shouting and pointing at the women while holding several pieces of clothing in your hands. You then stole a gun from the mall officer and shot the two women. Can you confirm this is true?¨ The man stated.
¨No! It's not true. I wasn't trying to shoot the women. And I wasn't trying to steal! It sounds crazy, I'm not crazy though, but there was some sort of ghost; it was wailing and mumbling, and everyone was acting like it was normal. I saw it go into the shop and rummage around through the racks. It took some shirts with it, so I decided to stop it.¨
¨That is enoug-,¨
¨When I took the shirts away from the ghost, it started to cry and stutter, and still, no one was doing anything except stare at me. Those two ladies? They were too close to the ghost, so I had to do something! That's why I stole the gun. You can't kill two birds with one stone, right? That's what I thought. They hid behind each other! And then-¨
¨You shot them. I've heard enough, Mr. Byun. I think you should go rest a bit, ghost buster.¨
Two men entered the room and took David away. His arms flailed and he screamed like a child. The video ended. Genesis and Amber immediately turned to Hilda, the stuttering and sobbing mess, hiding behind Zhen. Amber reached out to grab her, but received a slap on the arm from Genesis.
¨Darling? Why are you protecting these things? We have to report them and serve justice to your client.¨