going home

Tobias POV

"So What exactly happened?" 

"We were at our wedding and some masked gunman came in and shot you."

"Do we know who the men are?"

"I uh I have my suspicions but not technically."

"Oh." I layed my head back onto the pillow and stared at the pale color of ceiling. "Tris are we officially married?"

"No, they shot you before we were officially pronounced."

"So we get to have another wedding?"

"I guess? Is that how it happens?"

"Well I don't think a whole lot of people get gunned down at their weddings." I could hear her take in a deep breath and then let out a little chuckle. I turned my head at her, studying how she ran her hands through her hair. In my still half drug induced state she was fuzzy and the harsh light in the room made her look like she was glowing. My Tris. My beautiful Beatrice Prior hopefully soon to be Eaton. 

 Throughout the day a bunch of people came in out of my little room. From doctors to nurses to friends they all had the same look of pity in their eyes. The same look of "oh you're the guy that got shot during his wedding." I hated the pity they kept giving me. I just want to be a normal person, in and out of a dauntless hospital for something stupid like a broken finger or an injury during sparring. Although the nurses are nice and I get plenty of free freshly made food, I just wanted to go home and lay in my own comfortable bed and hold Tris in my arms.

I'm not sure how long i've been awake, whether its been hours or days, but the person i've been waiting for finally walked through those doors. 

"How are we doing today bud?" Bud? Really doctor? Whats with the nicknames?

"Feelin great."

"That's good. I think we can send you home to your own bed tonight... and we'll hook you up with our physical therapist if you think you need it.... but other than that your fiancee is filling out some paper work and will be up to take you home soon."

This was it. Time to leave.

THE OFFICE IS SUCH A HILARIOUS TV SHOW AND SO IS PARKS AND RECREATIONS AND GOOD BYE I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS

UNTIL NEXT TIME