Chapter 7. Always Get What I Want

Sunday at work, I was bombarded with questions from my co-workers about the 'mysterious' man that I met on new year's eve. Hana and that big mouth of hers. It's a good thing I didn't tell her about Aden coming over on Friday or about the fair either. With a friend like Hana, as much as I loved her, you had to be extremely careful with what you said.

"I'm going to crazy glue and then staple your mouth shut one of these days," I glared at her when I went to the front of the restaurant and found her cleaning her cash register.

"I'm sorry," she squeaked and put her hands up. "He's just so hot and so sweet! That's a rare combination, Su. I guess I just got carried away."

"Is that what you call it?" I drawled out and folded my arms over my chest. "You told them- and I quote, 'He was grinding his hips onto her. They looked so cozy in that corner, I had to look away from that steamy scene'."

She had the nerve to giggle. "Okay, maybe I exaggerated a teeny tiny bit."

I scowled at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Hana."

"Fine. I'm sorry. I'm just happy that you seem to be getting back to your old happy self. I didn't mean to spread your business like that."

My expression softened at her words and I pouted. Now I felt bad. "Oh, Hana. Ugh, I love you. Just please don't go telling everyone about my non-existent love life. I love them all but it's my business."

"You have my word. I won't go telling your business."

"Thanks, babe," I hugged her and went back into the kitchen.

I was more than ready to leave when the clock struck two o'clock. I had already seasoned the meats and fries, plus cleaned my station and had an extra fifteen minutes to spare.

When my co-workers saw my haste, they started with their teasing to which I responded, "Fuck you all! Love you anyways," and rushed out the door to head home and take a quick shower.

-

Aden's apartment was on the fifth floor of the Maten Building, a ten minute drive into the city from where I lived.

It came as no surprise that the interior was rather posh. The marble floors in the lobby were so shiny that it almost served as a mirror and that scared me because every step felt like my feet would slide out from under me suddenly. They even had a snack table for visitors for Christ's sake! I was no stranger to luxurious places, but even I had to admit that I was slightly intimidated by how clean and pristine everything was.

I was let in instantly by the older security guard, whose name I learnt was Bobby. He had the sweetest smile and kindest eyes.

"You're the first new visitor that Mister Delluci has had in a while," he said amused, with an underlying tone of ..happiness? I couldn't pinpoint it at the time.

"Really? Why is that?" I asked, surprised myself.

"It's not really my place to discuss the business of the residents and tenants here. Sorry if I startled you. I'm just surprised. He's a good kid."

I was flattered by that bit of information. "There's no need to apologise at all. I won't mention a thing," I winked and he visibly relaxed.

"I like you already," he laughed softly. "Elevators are right this way, ma'am."

"Thank you, Bobby. You enjoy the rest of your afternoon."

"I will, darling. You as well."

-