Part 11 - Doubt Nullifies With A Kiss

"So Y/N where were you last night?"

I'm just helping to arrange the table when Eris's question floats in the dining chamber, leaving me utterly stun.

"A-why?" Best way to avoid that question is through another question, I guess.

"Will." She shrugs. "Yesterday brother was so paranoid. He looks for you everywhere and I really thought he would lease you because he looks so different."

"Lease me?" I fake a smile and continue to place the plates.

"Hmm. Suspicious." She squints at me. "Your ears and your face are completely red, Y/N." She lazily rests her back on the chair with her eyes locked on me.

I tap my cheeks for betraying me, but I ignore her as I walk into the kitchen. Yet I can sense her very presence behind me. When I turn, she's at the door partition.

"Tell me what you did last night, Y/N." She whispers when I walk pass her.

"Eris I might be out at the library that time," I say.

She shakes her head then returns to her chair. "Not convinced." She flashes a teasing smile.

"Good morning, ladies." Dominic saunters in, and I'm glad that he did because now Eris will stop pestering me.

Then the servants and I chorus in response to his greetings.

"You sound happy." Eris now diverts her attention to his brother.

"Why? Can't I?" Dominic answers.

He is then followed by Carson who walks in with a book in hand, ignoring us as he sits on the chair.

Not long after, Aamon and Gusion come together, at the exact time we finish placing the meals on the table.

I then sit beside Eris. Right before my body lands on the chair, she leans over. "The lady of the house must sit near the Duke, lady Y/N." She whispers.

Holding my frown or giggle, I sit calmly trying my best to ignore her.

"What time are we going to leave?" Dominic asks, facing Aamon.

"Later this morning." He answers.

Then Carson's heavy high almost shakes the whole table. "Can I just stay here with Y/N, I'm not into socializing these days."

Just at the corner of my eyes, I can see Aamon turning in my direction.

"You can't protect her the way I do Carson, so better show your innocent face there and convince them." Gusion nudges him.

He then shakes his head and says nothing.

Moments later...

Our quiet breakfast is disturbed by loud footsteps in the hallway. By the sound of it, it's coming close to the dining chamber. It's not possibly a servant because they will not dare to pound their shoes that loud on the floor, not even the guards would dare.

So we wait until...

Guinevere appears at the front door. She makes her way inside, to my surprise her once beautiful face is contorted into a weeping one. Tears flood their way down her cheeks as she approaches Aamon.

"They trapped me Aamon, they left me with no choice but to follow. My brother is our last chance but they threaten to kill him when he steps back in the house."

"Like as if Lancelot is easy to kill." Eris rolls her eyes.

"He will if he's outnumbered." Guinevere response, now looking at Eris then returns it to Aamon abruptly. "Let's cancel the plan, I can't risk my brother's life, Aamon." Her fist is clenching on the side.