Part 23 - They Found Me

Too quick, I can't even aim my sword at her. Her yo-yo seems like it has a mind of its own. It keeps attacking me nonstop, and I'm starting to get tired after dodging it many times. I have no match in human form, against Cici.

"Stop being stubborn, I'm not here to kill you," she says.

I quickly jump backward when her attacks neutralize.

So killing me is only ordered by the elders.

"Aamon, just want a peaceful talk and clarification." She continues.

My ears ring annoyingly whenever I hear his name from her mouth. I then lunge an attack, this time I knock her back down.

"Oh my god, can't you hear me or something?" She complains while bringing herself back up.

"Cici is your name, right?" I say, trying to sound husky. "How are you related to The Duke of the House Paxley?"

She giggles and spreads her arms up, like she's welcoming the rain. "He's a good friend of mine. You see, the Duke isn't really as scary as you thought, so don't be afraid. We will not hurt you."

"I will only agree, if you agree to stay away from him, as far as possible." I point my sword to the ground.

She looks so shocked and confused, that she almost turns into stone. "Why would you request such a thing?"

"If I were you I would not dare to ask." I heaves a sigh. I'm sure this ain't going anywhere, why would she believe me anyway?

"I notice that you're not a man, long ago. Are you fawning over the Duke too?" Curious mischievousness paints all over her face.

And despite the cold, I can feel mine warming up in embarrassment.

"You must get in line!" She points at me in a provoking way. "...because Aamon and Mimi will be together in this lifetime!"

A pit quickly forms in my stomach while my mouth gap trying to find sense in her words. Who in the land of Dawn is Mimi!?

"Mimi?!" I exclaim. Other than I'm annoyed, the heavy rain is also obscuring our voice so I need to be loud for her to hear me.

She straightens, hands on her hips. "Madam Mimi, she's the founder of Whimsical Wonders Troupe. Aamon admired her and her performance way before she left the Castle Aberleen."

"If I were you-"

My heart is drumming loudly in my chest, as I create random scenarios in my head. Then tears sting the corner of my eyes.

"...Aamon will find another woman who he can love without restraint, and I'm not that person, Gusion." My own voice echoes in my head. I said that, but I don't know if I can take it if I see him with somebody else.

The hood of my cloak over my head starts to get so wet and heavy. I gulp the lump in my throat as I remove it revealing my high ponytail. Strands of stray hair stick to my face as rain continues to shower over me.

"You win," I say placing my sword back on its sheath. "I'm leaving the Castle Aberleen and will never come back, this is not my home. I'm only here for a fleeting visit."

"Tell the Duke that the Night's Bane is dead, after all, that is not my real name." I continue before I turn to my heels.

I hope one day, my voyage to find my true self will erase the memories I have with him.

"How do we know that your words are to be trusted?"

The sense of familiarity over that voice sends electricity all over my body. Then, no sooner Aamon's figure materialize in front of me. My breath hitches for a long moment, as I stare at him in utter shock.