Part 29 - Revelation

The carriage of the whimsical wonders troops was damage, all their tents are ruined when the horde of abyssal monsters attacked them on their way to another city. With the help of the castle Aberleen soldiers, or let's just say Paxley's soldiers, they managed to escape the brutal attack unharmed. And here they are giving the whole house a boost of energy, as their laughers echoes in the hallway.

My footsteps isn't loud enough for them to hear, so I stand here awkwardly as I wait for them to give some space to pass through. Aamon's study is a few doors away from where I am and I'm planning to see him again before I go to sleep.

Sigh.

I suddenly prefer the quiet house, because I never had time to interact with them, since Aamon and I had our dinner in his room. Also at the grand foyer, I was too shy to face them after all the shameless things I did.

Maybe...

Dropping my shoulder, as I ready myself to turn my heels back to my room.

I can always comeback later...

But I'm so tired, and I bet once I lay down in bed, I'll collapse on the spot.

"Ah I knew you!"

I freezes after hearing Cici's voice behind. She then strolls forward to scrutinize me, like I'm a statue. All I can do is to flash a fake smile as she circles around.

"You're alive!" She exclaims again. "But how—"

Suddenly a pink haired woman pushes her gently on the side. "I'm sorry about her, I saw you with Aamon in the foyer... I'm Mimi," she extends her hand forward.

Mimi, a familiar name yet she's a complete stranger. She looks ethereal with her lustrous hair, flowing down like a river of pink silk reaching pass her waist. Her strong and confident aura is intimidating that contradicts her welcoming smile. I suddenly feel like I'm shrinking below her gaze.

"I—I..." I stammer awkwardly as I receive her hand. "Y/N..."

"And you're, his grace's girlfriend or maybe fiancée, I assume."

"I—a..." Flush quickly occupies my whole face and ears, unsure what to answer.

Seems like Aamon's administration over Mimi is one sided, because she said it like she don't care if we have a thing or not. But, did he really like her, the way what Cici told me.

"I'm sorry for prying, you don't need to answer that." She seems to notice my awkward pause. "We are actually here to tell his grace that we enjoy the meal we had." She continue, as she looks back to her companions.

"And also to ask him why he didn't join us?" Cici interrupts, crossing her arms over her chest.

Smiling is the only thing I did, perfectly baffle and shy around them. "Ah—you go ahead, his grace study is the last room from this hallway." I gesture forward.

"Thank you, I really thought we are lost." An old man answers with a grateful smile.

They all starts to walk away, while Mimi gives me a parting wave.

Now I realize, I lost all my Nightsbane confidence in front of them.

©