Chapter 12 - No place like home

Akito's POV

After a while of learning to adjust to my new life, it felt great that the older kids started to talk to me more and make me feel a lot more comfortable.

Bakugo was less of a jerk when I was around and a lot of them could tell.

Shoto started to open up more, Mineta had started to act a little less perverted since I would always pull horrible pranks on him everytime the girls would tell me he made them uncomfortable.

I was now feeling I had somewhere to belong.

I was beginning to truly understand the saying "There is no place like home."

In the back of my mind I felt alright and ok in my skin for the first time in years.

Feeling confient I start to walk outside.

"Remember Akito, you can't go past the fence." Aizawa told me.

"I know! I'll be careful!"

He made a small smile as he walked away to fling another kid.

I walked to the fence, not going past it and I sat down as I ate a snack I packed in my pocket.

I was waiting for Eri to come.

5 minutes later she arrived.

"You wanted to see me?" She said

"Y-yeah! I picked the flowers for you because your my best friend so... Don't laugh and take them!"

"I would never laugh, you're my best friend too silly! Although haven't you given me flowers before?" She said, feeling like this scene is a small déjà vu and that the author couldn't find anything cuter than flowers.

"These are different ones! My brother told me they grow once a year!"

"And you got them for me?"

"Yeah... You like them?"

"I love them!"

With a smile she walked away saying she wanted them in a vase asap.

"Hey kid..." A raspy voice said on the other side of the fence.

"Hello?" I called out back

"It's me... Shoto... I'm hurt on the other side of the fence.

The person sounded nothing like Shoto, but was I going to risk leaving him hurt on the other side?

"How do I get over the fence?"

"You climb over it dumbass."

"Shoto would never call me a dumbass." I said as I start to walk away when the voice called out saying,

"Wait, sorry I'm just frustrated, being injured and all."

I could understand how an injured person could be frustrated.

"Ok I'm hoping over the fence!"

As I landed on the other side I saw no one in sight.

"Hello?" I said.

I walked a little bit further, not realizing that the school was getting further and further out if sight.

"Well that was easy." Someone said, as they covered my mouth.

"Scream and I'll burn you alive alright?"

I nodded as I followed the man into the forest.

While at the school Eri came back, but saw no trace of Akito.

"AKITO???"

Eri went to tell the teachers but no one saw him on school grounds.

"He was right here Mr. Azaiwa sir, I only left for a minute to put the flowers in a vase and-"

"Don't stress Eri, I think we know who is behind this, so now this is war... Rest assured we will find the problem child and bring him back safely."

Eri whipped her tear away and smiled.

Edited: ✔️

Sorry for the delay, I decided it was time I push my issues aside and write a chapter.

I'm feeling super drained and ill lately but I'll try to officially get the rest out.

Remember you are loved 💫