False Alarm

✬ ✭ ✮

" Tío, what does this mean? " Her hands trembled as she held the plate. The green glowing rectangular piece was a portrait of her, embracing either Carlos or Camilo, with mayhem in the background. She couldn't tell because all she saw was plain green. The patterns of their clothing may not have been included on purpose in the vision.

" I don't know either, Mija. Whatever is your relationship with mi sobrinos, the sole thing I ask of you is to be careful. Both of them can be impulsive. " he says calmly, but his tone expressed worry as he held her shoulder and motioned for both of them to join dinner as Alma was calling for them.

She hoped that she wouldn't sit beside either of them, no matter how awkward it became. That vision's portrayal of chaos kept her on her toes. " Tonta, come sit- " " Mira! may I sit with you? " She purposefully cut Carlos off and rushed to Julieta's side of the table.

The dinner went over without a hitch, and her father joined in as well. She sat between him and Mirabel, her mind fixed on Alma's statements. Pepa instructed Camilo to the kitchen for a pitcher of water, and as he did so, he carefully approached her seat and slid a piece of paper on her lap.

She gave out a slight gasp and looked up, Camilo winked at her, causing her to bite her lower lip as she watched him return to his seat. " May I be excused? I need to use the restroom. " she bowed her head and as they gave her permission, she wasted no time and ran to the nearest restroom, locking the door behind her.

 " she bowed her head and as they gave her permission, she wasted no time and ran to the nearest restroom, locking the door behind her

She had a really tough day. She smiled and slid the note back into her pocket. She returned to the table, her head bowed and a faint smile on her lips. Just as she sat down, her eyes looked for Camilo's. She found them already staring at her.

He mouthed "I love you" before continuing to eat his food when she gave him a small nod and relief washed over his chest. Someone was definitely keeping a watchful eye on them. He nudged his mother, who signaled Alma. She got up from her seat, attracting everyone's attention.

" Family, " They listened tentatively till she asked Carlos to stand up. Ria tried to contain her laughter, thinking that he was in trouble. " Young love is indeed beautiful, don't you agree? Someone will be a part of our family soon, but I'll leave the rest for Carlos to tell. Go on. " she says proudly and sat back down.

" As excited I am for this, I still needed a father's approval before making a move. " he raised his glass and nodded at Y/n's father. Her heart sank to her stomach. She was uneasy and prayed it wasn't what she thought it was. " Now that we're old enough and with permission from both of our parents... " 

" Y/n, Can I court you? "