Us

✬ ✭ ✮

Y/n woke up early, furrowing her brows as her eyes fluttered open. The sun was still down, it was cold, and the world was asleep. Everything felt like bricks mounting upon her mind and heart, too hefty to bear and possibly unbearable.

" Ah, mierda. " She swore as she rubbed her temples. Her head was throbbing from a headache induced by both the alcohol and the stress she'd been lugging.

Attempting to sit up, she felt weight around her waist. An arm. Looking over to her side was Camilo who was sleeping soundly, letting out small snores. Last night's memories were hazy; all she remembered was Isabela inviting her to a drink and hitting Camilo with a pan.

Letting out a contented sigh, she turned around. Wanting to cuddle with him. But what she saw made her breath seize and her eyes wide. Oh por favor, I can't handle any more. He was undressed, shirtless. Gulping, she pulled her hands away from his chiseled chest and twisted, trying to break free from his grip, but he held her even tighter.

" Mi amor, we didn't do anything. It was too hot last night, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. " he breathed out sleepily followed by a groan as he pulled her back onto his chest, kissing the top of her head.

" Right. " Y/n bit her lip, hugging him back.

" Are you okay? Hangover? Headache? " he tried to fight how sleepy he still was, sitting up with her in his arms. 

" No, I'm fine. " Y/n shook her head. " You do know we have to talk to him, right? " she adds, fiddling with her fingers.

" I already did, for us. But it'd be better if both of you could talk. " 

" Y/n I'm not in the mood. " Carlos scowled as she attempted to approach him. Camilo held his hand, firmly but gently. " Let her talk. " he whispered, in hopes to convince him. And with that, he gave up. They'd been chasing him around town the whole day. 

" I'm so- " before she could apologize, he pulled her into his embrace. A hug. A tight one. the tightest he'd ever given someone. " Don't. Just don't. " he murmurs softly against her ear.

" So are we good? Don't I have to get you candy? " Y/n teased and Carlos only scoffed. " With ules or without rules, your happiness comes first. And I should be protecting that. " he tucked strands of her hair behind her ear.

" I'm so sorry for everything, Y/n. "

" And I'm sorry, Carlos. "

There aren't always benefits to friendship. There are shattered ties, falsehoods, and battles. But those are only obstacles. It's a choice between fighting and fleeing. That is the essence of friendship.

Maria finally gets her shot with Carlos, who has made to come to the realization that he is in love with her, thanks to Y/n's assistance. n's He had always felt compelled to like Y/n and that she was his first love. Obligation, is a broad term to characterize his life.

By then, he finally learned to choose..

to choose himself.

The day of the auditions came. She took the initiative of writing a letter inviting Carlos to watch, and she practiced and practiced with high hopes. All of her hard work will be honored when she earns the lead role. She was very determined, and with Camilo by her side, she had a good feeling about it.

Whatever comes her way that day, she was willing to take it all and accept it. Before heading to the stage, she found a little box in her mother's closet that contained a handwritten letter with her initials carved on it.

The scarlet curtains parted, spotlights shone down on her, the audience applauded, and the elegant music began to play. With each turn and twist, she dedicated her happy memories with Camilo

She pondered about her childhood with every jump. Carlos. She held him deeply in his heart from the moment they met until today. He is her person. And she can't bear to ever lose the other half of her soul.

and the pirouette..

" Mama. " 

There was no doubt she'd gotten the part, which was a huge step closer to her dreams. to her mom and to her content soul It had been a voyage she had not expected to finish. Anything is possible with the folks she has by her side.

There was no Forbidden nor Unrequited love here.

It's two big factors in a teenager's life. Obligation and Risk

To satisfy is to Oblige. - Carlos

And to Risk is to live. - Camilo