The Beginning

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Remnant, Unknown Location

POV: Dr. Merlot

Premise: "When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves: one for your enemy, and one for yourself." ― Jodi Picoult

-0-

On a distant island far away from the Kingdom of Vale, an elderly man stood waiting patiently just outside his lab. He wore a light gray jacket with a high collar and a red shirt underneath. On each sleeve of the jacket was a dark gray hexagon shape. He had disheveled gray hair, a matching mustache and beard and prominent eyebrows. His left eye is robotic and glows red and around it are noticeable claw marks. His right arm is also robotic and is dark and metallic and has red inner circuits.

A lone Pelican landed right in front of him. The hull of the craft was a deep, midnight black. The back of the ship opened up, and out stepped several individuals in aqua, pink, brown, maroon, and cobalt armor. The cobalt one was leading them.

"Ah Temple!" the man greeted them, "Welcome! So good to see that my special clients are doing well!"

"Likewise Dr. Merlot." Temple replied

"Did you bring your...experiments?" Merlot then asked

Temple looked back at the craft and two other figures emerged. Both in black, white, and red armor.

"Ah yes..." Merlot chuckled, "I'd love to see how you two tick."

"Hmph, keep dreaming old man." the shorter one replied

Merlot chuckled as he nodded. He was certainly impressed with Felix and the Meta. Upon hearing that the two were part Grimm, the old scientist was excited. Temple allowed him to study their genetic structure for a 'special project' the two respective partners were working on.

"I am happy to announce that we are ahead of schedule." Merlot said to Temple as he led the group into his lab, "The samples I collected from Felix and the Meta have been truly remarkable. Their DNA structures are a combination of both human and Grimm."

"I see, can there be a way to...alter this by any means?" Temple asked

"Of course there is!" Merlot replied, "Never underestimate the power of science! My knowledge of the Grimm and now your genetic hybrids have further advanced my research. Adding the DNA of either Felix or the Meta, specifically their human DNA should advance their genetic evolution, and vice versa."

"Good." Temple muttered

"Unfortunately." Merlot continued, his voice now a bit more disappointment, "I have tried just that."

As the group entered Merlot's main lab, they noticed several test tubes filled with the remains of mutated Grimm hybrids.

"Their genetic codes collapsed upon combination." Merlot explained, "It will take sometime too..."

Temple walked forward and placed his hand on one of the tubes. He then turned back to face the disgraced scientist.

"...replicate." Merlot continued, "I'm sure you understand."

"I do." Temple replied, "In fact, this is what we expected. What you have done is success in my eyes, and you shall be rewarded."

Merlot smiled in satisfaction, "Very well. I shall continue my research."

"Oh that won't be necessary." Temple added, "My clients will take it from here. Your services are no longer required."

"But..." Merlot muttered