The Castle

Chapter 6: The Castle

Remnant, Continent of Sanus

POV: Mark Temple

Premise: "Only remember this: to seek justice is a good and noble thing, to seek revenge out of hatred is something that will devour your very soul."

-0-

4 days ago...

Temple stood within the White Fang's castle as his sim-troopers and mercs, along with WF goons were working together mobilizing equipment for their plan. As he stood overlooking everyone, Cinder and the others were watching him.

"Hey tin-can." Mercury said to him, "We're waiting."

Temple turned back to face everyone, "Sorry, I was admiring our work. Your men are quite vigilant Taurus."

"They want blood as much as I do." Adam replied, which made Temple chuckle

"We're not so different, you and I." he said to him, "Both are considered the damned of the world by people."

"Let's get one thing straight, we are not the same." Adam retorted, "The only reason I haven't killed you is because you're our new supplier."

"Au contraire, mon friend. We're all equals here after all." Temple continued, "You want your people to be on top, I want revenge on my doppelgangers, and Cinder here, wants what has been taken of her."

"And how exactly are we gonna attack Beacon?" Emerald questioned, "Both the city and academy are fortresses."

"With fear." Temple replied

That was when Gene entered the room, "Temple, your weapon is ready."

The maroon soldier placed a case on the table and opening before stepping aside. Temple then walked over and pulled out a sniper rifle. Its color scheme was that of a yellow, beige, whate, and gray camo pattern. Once he got a hold of the weapon, it projected some sort of red aura around him.

"Let's get to work."

-0-

POV Change: Richard Simmons

Present Day...

Simmons watched as a WF bullhead flew past both his and Qrow's position. He then gestured for Qrow to follow him.

"Carolina, it's Simmons, we're closing in." he said through comms, "Starting to crowded up here."

"Then we're closing in." Carolina replied, "You should be arriving at where Tucker and Sarge dropped. Be advised, this area might be hostile. Direct action might be necessary."

"Roger that, Simmons out." he said before needing the call, "Hmm, when Carolina runs an op, direct action is ALWAYS necessary."

"I see." Qrow muttered, "Let's move."

The two then jumped off the hillside before coming across a small WF patrol.

"Two of them." Simmons, "I'll take one on the left, you take the other."

"3.2.1. Check your shot."

Simmons quickly took out the first goon, as for Qrow, he ended up missing, but quickly rectified that by charging him and knocking him unconscious.

"You missed." Simmons muttered

"Misfortune." Qrow explained, "That's my semblance, it's constantly on, my biggest advantage/disadvantage."